Nutwork
Years ago

New 36ers?

With a new comp will come a new team, what are your thoughts on who we might get and who we can get.

How about a combination of some of these guys:

1. Bruce, Davidson, Gibson
2. Hill, Ng, Ingles, Barlow
3. Import, Holmes, Rush, Sav
4. Balls, Dusty, Vukona
5. Schenscher, Cooper, Rogers, Anstey, Burston

Topic #19986 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find that Sav will stay at the hawks.

Reply #237015 | Report this post

Forman  
Years ago

My team

1.Bruce ,Davidson.
2.Ng,Hill,Ingles
3.Import,Holmes
4.Ballinger
5.Schensher,Burston.

One Import this year,small forward of South Dragons imports of Tremmell or Smith.

Reply #237023 | Report this post

mosdef  
Years ago

What about Kersten?

Reply #237028 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I don't think Davidson will continue - blog post

Reply #237034 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Davo will only retire if the league doesn't play a season this year. Otherwise I suspect he'll go around one more time.

Reply #237036 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd be amazed if Schensher is still here in 09/10.

I'll also be extremely happy to have Ng back. Will Oscar still be under contract to the Breakers?

Reply #237054 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Can't see Jingles ever playing for the 6ers - too much bad history. And he'll either get drafted or follow Newley to Europe IMO.

Rush went to Europe didn't he? Why would he come back?

As someone said, Sav we stick with the Hawks. My understanding is his wife needs to stay in NSW anyways.

Very little point in bringing in Gibson when you've already got Bruce - you're just gonna take mins off each of them and slow their development.

Realistically i expect to see a very similar team to last season with Maher replaced by Ng & an import, and some doubt over Schnscher returning.

So Possibly:

Davo/Bruce/Burdon
Import/Ng
Hill/Holmes
Ballinger
Schenscher/Hoban (or any other big man they can get)

If Schenscher goes then look to replace him with the import slot.

Reply #237099 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Breakers have been looking at poaching Schensher and/or Ballinger

Reply #237108 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

julius hodge, screw the rest

Reply #237142 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hopefully Ballinger and Schenscher can be retained.
Ng for Maher. Donta Smith would be good.
Mark Lewis comment on ch9 news was that they won't pay as much as last season,and there are extra players available to pick from.

( I guess it's kinda up to Adam and Luke re lifestyle,here for a reasonable pay, or take higher offers)

Reply #237448 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Lets think - Maher has retired - Captain, shooting guard. Reckon I'd look seriously at Rillie, therefore.

Reply #237719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expect Davo back if he's interested. Bruce will only be back if they can't get something better, and if he's interested in coming back.

Hill to line up as starting SG now that his dad is not only an assistant coach but also a co-owner of the club.

Reply #237793 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hilly has shown enough last season to put pressure on that spot. He was one of the leader scorers off the bench and there were games when he put his hand up.

Yes, he may start as SG next season, but not because daddy says so

Reply #237802 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"Can't see Jingles ever playing for the 6ers - too much bad history." - Jordan

Obviously the Sixers passed over Ingles and made a mistake, but is that all there is to 'the bad history' between Ingles and the Sixers? Or is there more to it than that? Can anyone explain what went on and why we missed out on both Ingles and Newley?

With our team next year, absolute #1 priority should be to ink Schenscher to a multi-year contract. Obviously there is a good chance that he will go elsewhere, but I hope the Sixers put up their best offer early, so they know either way.

Ballinger would be a pretty high priority as well. Then hopefully Bruce wants to stick around and we can bring Ng back onboard too.

You'd think Hill and Holmes will almost certainly be back, so probably pencil them in too. I hope that Holmes becomes more of a backup PF too, rather than a SF, because he is too slow, and not a good enough shooter. Then bring in an import SF and give Hill the backup mins at that position as well as time at SG.

As long as we can keep Schenscher, I hope we can get a 2nd import and go for a PG - Bruce doesn't seem ready to start yet for a top team. If not, then we might be forced to try and find an import centre, which would be expensive and difficult.

So hoping for:

Schenscher Young SA big to develop
Balls Holmes
Import SF Hill
Hill Ng
Import PG Bruce

Reply #237814 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Any of Ingles' beef with Adelaide would be with those in the past - there's since been a fairly broad clean out.

Reply #237830 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

ditto

Reply #238806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754