so sad
Years ago

NBA draftnet top 100

I was just looking over their top 100 rankings and was stunned by our Aussie rankings.
Firstly, Patrick Mills at 19. Seems a bit low for me. I have no doubt that if hits the right team, he could be a real spark. Get him onto a run the floor type team and watch him tear up the court.

Then the biggest WTF's I've seen in a long time.

Ator Majok at 52!! Why? Has he ever actually played a game? Has anyone in America seen anything other than the odd dunking video clip?? What has he done to even be considered anything other than a joke nominee?

Joe Ingles at 82. Look I doubt he will get drafted, but he HAS to be a better prospect at this stage than Ator! He could be a late 2nd round pick. 82 seems very low.

Luke Nevill at 85. And yet he is in their top 10 ranked Centres. I think he will get drafted in 2nd round. 85 is way too low.

Topic #19988 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Mills will go somewhere between 18 and 32 in the draft IMO.

Ater is ranked so high because of three things, 1. 6'10" athletic big guy, 2. On UConn roster, 3. has tremendous up-side

I do think he is rately far too high by both nbadraft.net and adraftexpress.com, but I guess that is a by-product of what is perceived to be a very weak draft class this year and in particular big men (part from Thabeet and Griffen).

Ingles I think will in fact be drafted based on the draft talk I have come across, but he will be a late second rounder and end up playing in Europe like Newley.

Nevill is a dasrk horse. He did himself no favours by declining the invitation to play at Portsmouth. He could go late second round too, but will definitely end up in Europe IMO. He could do extremely well in Europe too.

Reply #237024 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No issues with Mills at 19 given the depth of point guards in this draft. Considering Rubio, Jennings, Curry, Flynn and Maynor are consider better choices, and I feel he's on par with Teague, Collison, Lawson, Jerrells and Holiday. That's 10 PG who could be drafted before Mills. I also think Mills hand injury has hurt his stock a bit, and once he hits some camps and workouts his stock will move up.

There are also some European players that could be drafted towards the end of the 1st which could impact Mills. Calathes, Pappas, Llull and Beaubois could be first rounders if teams don't want to spend money and want them to play overseas. I really like the look of Calathes.

Majok is just putting his name in the draft to get a feel. He can obviously play as he was scouted by the bigger Division 1 schools. He'll be going back to UConn.

Nevill at 85 is about right. It's a very weak draft overall, and it's even weaker at the Centre position.

Reply #237027 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

PS: Calathes is set to sign a deal with Greek euro Giant Olympiakos, so he may yet end up not playing NBA next season even if he does get drafted.

Reply #237031 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, Calathes signed a great deal, 2.1 million euro over 3 years, but apparently has a very easy 'out' clause if he gets drafted.

I think he'd be steal at the top of the 2nd round, if he doesn't sneak into the bottom of the first. You know as a GM that you don't have to pay him for 3 year and he's gaining huge experience in Europe playing for a European super power.

Oh, he signed with Panathinaikos ;)

Reply #237041 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I totally agree...ideal situation to pick Calathes up in the 2nd round now.

Reply #237046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:18 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754