LC
Years ago

Cavs @ Magic - Game 4 **Spoiler**

Big game for the Cav's and LeBron today. they are down 2-1, playing away from home, and really, must win to keep alive their chances of progressing to the NBA finals IMO.

Mo has publicy come out and "guaranteed" that his team will win Game 4 today (Link: http://linky.com.au/xiomu). Big statement - now they have to back it up, and more importantly LeBron's supporting cast have to step up and live up to expectations.

This game could go right down to the wire, and my heart says the Cav's will win, but my mind says the Magic will win it. So I'm sitting on the fence and saying it is too close to call.

ESPN Preview: http://linky.com.au/8fzq7

Topic #19995 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for those links LC. Should be a great game. Can't wait!

Reply #237113 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Yup a big call from Mo but if him and Delonte play like they have all season they will win. Should be a sick game anyways. Im not fussed either way.

Reply #237114 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Bah... I hate it when sportspeople "guarantee" that something will happen. You don't end up hearing much from them when their "guarantees" aren't kept. You suck Mo, and so do the Cavs! Go Magic!

Reply #237115 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Btw, this made me laugh:

Onion on Turkoglu

Reply #237117 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Cavs up 25-21 1st quarter. Yeah the guarantee is pretty lame, kinda like when 25cent the rapper "guaranteed" his album that was released the same day as Kanye Wests album would outsell Kanye's or he would retire from music, needless to say Kanye's album outsold 15cents by alot and 10cent retracted his statement about retirement. They should have just both retired and made the world a better place.

Reply #237121 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Lol! Nice story.

Anyone watching it live? Is it looking "chippy", as seems to be the in-vogue way of describing playoff basketball at the moment?

Reply #237122 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

47-43 to Cleveland and it's extremely chippy!!!

Reply #237125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm watching live, doesnt look too chippy to me, maybe a bit. Great game, super entertaining.

btw, I've got 2 words for ya. Mikael Pietrus.

That guy has improved so much its crazy and hes been the X-Factor of this series.

Reply #237129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

58-50 cavs up at the 1/2

Reply #237130 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

58-50 to tha Cavs, Mo and Lebron both have 12 and Dwight has 13 points and 7 rebounds.

Reply #237131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wtf is up with that Turkoglu article. who knocked that up?

whats funny about it anyway?

Reply #237136 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Anon - The Onion is a satirical "news" source, in case you aren't aware. Anyway, never mind...

I hope they're replaying the game tonight! Forgot to tape it this morning. :s

Reply #237137 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

that 3 was huuuuuuuge!!!

Reply #237146 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

hereschenes, I think it is on @ 4:30.

Reply #237147 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

100 a piece at the end of regulation. Now going to OT.

Reply #237152 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

this is so close, where's Mo's guarantee now?

OT

Reply #237153 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Sweet, thanks DB5. Should be home for the business end.

Reply #237154 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Magic up by 6 in OT King James is King turnover and King airball @ the Mo.

Reply #237156 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Dwight just shut lebron down hard, jumpball, cavs down by 4 21secs to go.

Reply #237158 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

that 3 by lebron was insane barely had time to catch it let alone put a shot up. Magic up by 2 last possesion

Reply #237159 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Lebron put up a prayer but god wasn't listening lol
the Magic take that one, wonder what Mo's take on that loss is

Reply #237161 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Yeah, 38 footer. Back to back miracles would have been heartbreaking for Magic fans.

Reply #237162 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

2 Airballs and 5 turnovers in the last quarter....how very Jordan-like!! ;-)

Just kidding, LBJ was good, but his turnovers were horrible. Go Magic!! One amazing shot away from a sweep of the Cavs really.

Oh, and Mo - shut up and play.

Reply #237164 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Maybe Mo was in barleys when he made the guarantee? Had his fingers crossed?

Reply #237166 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Injection, injection, no swine flu infection.

No electricity and no touch backs.

Oh, and the monkey bars are barleys.

Tag! The Cavs are it.

Reply #237171 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Touchback wars were always a trap for young players. And if you had a lumbering, slow participant, they'd be it all recess if touchbacks were in play!

So, did anyone pick that the Magic would be up 3-1 this time a week or so ago? Just a buzzer beater away from 4-0!

Reply #237194 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I am pretty sure I said the series would go either way.

Reply #237199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 4% of team in NBA history have come back from a 3-1 deficit. They're going to need Lebron to drop 50 every nig...oh wait a minutes, they lose when he does that.

Reply #237203 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I dunno if fence-sitting counts as a prediction, KingJames... :) Still, that's definitely more than I gave them!

Surely this is the end of LeBron at the Cavs in 2010 if they drop this series.

Reply #237208 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Wow, but now we will see how well Orlando can close out the series.

Do you get the feeling that this series is still far from over?

All 4 games could have gone either way, and IMO the Cavs will fight it out and win Game 5. After 2 close losses in Orlando can they steal Game 6 and force a game 7 in CLE?

I guess I am in denial - not because I am a Cavs fan (I am not) but because I never expected the Magic to be up 3-1. I had the same feeling in 2007 when Golden State pumped Dallas 4-2. I kept thinking, ok now Dallas will start to dominate, but it never happened.

Reply #237209 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

And suddenly, Joe Dumars is a genius. And here's me questioning him - I feel like a fool now.

Sure, on the surface trading Billups to Denver for "The-Not Answer" seemed like the worst trade in my beloved Motor City Franchise's history and resulted in a dismal season and the Nuggets still in the race, but now Ol' Joe's business acumen and foresight become apparent.

See Ol' Joe KNEW the Magic would win the series and that LeBron would leave the Cavs in favour of the Pistons when he's a free agent... so he made cap space, will tank next season, get the number 1 draft pick AND pick up King James.

Genius.

Right?

Guys?

High five?

I'm a Pistons fan on the edge... help me out here...

Reply #237215 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

lol@thought of Lebron on the Pistons.

Reply #237217 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Wow, that shot from Lewis was ridiculous! Down by one, just pulls the trigger on an off balance three. Huge.

Then Lebron gets the bail-out call. Did anyone else think that was the softest foul you have seen within the last 2 mins? The refs have hardly been calling anything soft within that time throughout the playoffs, but Lebron gets a soft touch foul. Annoying. Then Dwight doesn't get the call on a soft play too - IMO neither were fouls.

But yeah, a couple BIG clangers from Lebron in OT, and also a couple big shots.

P.S. No way Lebron is ever going to the Pistons!

Reply #237224 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Here's a conspiracy theory - Dwight Howard is only 1 Technical away from an auto 1 game suspension. If CLE can rally and win game 5 at home, and somehow bait Howard into a T, then he will be suspended for game 6 in ORL. You would be confident that CLE could win in ORL without Howard playing. Then its back to game 7 in CLE - huge TV ratings, great for the NBA.

Now if this series goes to Game 7, who would you tip?

This series is far from over - the drama of the playoffs has only just started!

(Or come Friday, when ORL win and the series is over 4-1, I will look back on my 'theory' and think what a d**khead.)

Reply #237226 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I must say since watching this series i have come to respect just how hard LBJ works and how much he wants to win

So much so that I'm barracking for the Cavs for the rest of the series

I was curious as to why they would put Varejou in at the start of overtime on Dwight instead of Wallace ( former DPOY)

Isn't that a better move rather than Varejou getting dunked on x3 possesions in a row...couldn't see Big Ben taking that...
agree?

Reply #237250 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Just another game that Lebron let slip through his fingers....... he's destined to be a perennial almost champion... unless he pulls his head in and gets serious about the game instead of making adverts and f*#king around pre-game.

Yeah.... Yeah.... Yeah.... I can hear y'all now, Lebron did this, Lebron did that.... Lebron had 40 10 and 10, it's not his fault..... blah blah blah....

Pull your head in Lebron, maybe take next season a bit more seriously and lead your team with intensity and demand respect for the game instead of coasting into the finals making adverts, then maybe you wont get schooled by a team who turned up to play.

Reply #237260 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Watched the game today and i don't understand how Mike Brown is coach of the year.

Van-Gundy has a team that continues to make plays, while down the other end, bozo Brown is cashing cheques and letting LBJ do EVERYTHING.

Van Gundy sees idiot Brown using big slow wallace to guard Lewis, calls the screen and Lewis hits and awkward -but uncontested- trey.

Mo Williams is a joke- and completely broken.
The team has not got a PF on their roster. Not one.

What an absolute shambles the cavs look right now. The fact they are as far as they are is 100% because of LeBron. Again- they have no specific power forward and no specific shooting guard on their roster as a starter or high minute 6th man. None. How does that happen?????!!!!

While the Magic spread the floor and provide outstanding execution for the Turk screen and rolls, the cavs are clueless and looking at LeBron to save them every time.

The cavs are playing like they have no offensive structure at all bar LeBron dribble drive.

They only looked good when LBJ gets the ball high post, freeing the basket for cutters and he is only one dribble and a drop step from the basket.

This is over right now unless the other cav players start making plays. Not scoring more individually, which is what they seem to try to do, but actually making plays... Is LeBron the only guy on that team allowed to get an assist?

Reply #237262 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

if lebron scores 40 or more, cavs lose, its simple.

First game, 40+, they lost.
Second game, 35, they won.
Third game, 40+, they lost

He thinks he needs to hog it just because his team miss one or two shots.

Reply #237265 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Quagmire I agree about coach Brown. So is that really all he can draw up? Give it to Lebron, and maybe do a screen at the top on the ball? It's like they are a social team with only one district player who controls everything. I think a change of coach would help the Cavs AND Lebron heaps.

I also agree about the high post. If Lebron can work out some Kobe-like turnaround jumpers from the high post along with a couple other moves, he will be deadly.

Reply #237267 | Report this post

VC Fan  
Years ago

How much has his team lost by in those games? If you think you can pick a specific, round number as an indicator as to whether their team wins or not you are an idiot

Reply #237268 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Looking ahgead to Game 5 with ESPN: http://linky.com.au/gcxox

Reply #237278 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

shin splints - your conspiracy theory needs a bit more effort to get there now:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-howard-technicalrescinded&prov=ap&type=lgns

Reply #237285 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Quagmire once again you form an opinion based on ONE game!! Lets not take into account that Brown Lead them to the best regular season record after an average season record last season (If I remember correctly). Or forget about that they swept the first two teams 4-0 in the first two rounds. Or that he added an extra piece to the puzzle in acquiring Mo Williams. Forget all that and lets take the COTY off of him because his team lost by 2 in OT in Orlando! Yes great logic!

Yes the Cavs look like they are in Shambles after getting comfortably beaten this whole series... oh that's right they lost the first by 1, won the second by 1, lost the 3rd by 10 and lost the most recent game by 2 in Overtime. Absolute Shambles!!!

"Mo Williams is a joke- and completely broken."
Another brilliant quote!!! What a joke he is and completely broken making the All Star for the first time in his career (even if he was an injury replacement he deserved a spot!). The fact is Mo Williams struggles against the Magic during the regular season and in the playoffs. This does not make him a joke and completely broken!!

Magic are just as good as Cleveland and have won most of the close games this series. They are playing better as a team. Perhaps the reason is Lebron is trying to do too much. However, if Cleveland wins the next game the pressure is all on the Magic. This series isn't over yet!

Reply #237296 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

The fat lady will be singing at some stage, probably in Orlando on Sunday.

Reply #237353 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

KingJames- Brown is an average NBA coach at best, the Cav team is not great and doesn't have a true SG or PF.

Mo Williams is not an all stars butt crack (oh no wait, yes he is...)

And still they won 66 games. Most at home where the crowd advantage and the presence of LBJ makes the shambles of a team play beyond their capabilities.

Now that they are up against a legit team with good defensive play and smart player (seriously, how high is Turk's b-ball I.Q?) the rouse is over and the cavs are seriously a one trick pony.

BUT WHAT A PONY THEY HAVE IN LEBRON!

I've watched the whole series against the magic and LeBron is doing everything for the cavs. A massive effort and i really don't think you could call the guy a ball hog in the least. It's the coaches job to set the offence and Brown is struggling, half because he is an average coach, half because the players not wearing 23 for the cavs, would not start on a single other contender.

Reply #237422 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754