Anonymous
Years ago

under 18 finals

Anyone know the results for under 18 boys? It was west vs norwood and forrestville vs woodys i think.
I reckon it would have to be a west vs forrestville final, but does anyone know for sure?

Topic #2000 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Norwood won by 5.

Reply #22610 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

18/2b Forestville 1 very impressive Sturt not quite as impressive. Should be a good game.

Reply #22621 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

Forestville beat Woodville, Norwood beat West so Norwood plays Forestville in the final.

Reply #22629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville nad norwood are building quite a rivalry up!

Reply #22631 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

well done to the Norwood boys, great job Peter

Reply #22653 | Report this post

cairns tiara-pans  
Years ago

girls had 2 great games

f/ville over north is a close finish

sturt upset west - mencel shut right down by mcphail in second half

not much between the 4 teams at all

Reply #22665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you are kidding???
no one shut mencel down!!!

Reply #22679 | Report this post

mr plow  
Years ago

she was contained

maybe it was mescke's coaching that got them over the line?

pity the tall bird from sturt can't shoot - otherwise they would have won by 20

Reply #22681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please!! look at the score sheet and see how contained she was!!

sturt won on the night. good luck for next week

Reply #22691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GIRLS
Maybe not shut down but contained and didn't use her team mates or play a team game that basketball is.

A Great Athelete wasted because of attitude.

Norths dream run has gone no more the dominate team that is whipping everyone. Great for the com. -you can't keep on screaming at your players for so long.

Mia and Niki play great togehter take a leaf out of their book Leah.
State will be interesting

Reply #22700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is obvious that some people out there, and we mostly know who they are, always go with a personal attack on Leah.

And as for "screaming at your players" - he is one of the most liked, respected and sucessful coaches in basketball circles.

suggestion- Instead of always blaming clubs/coaches/other players, sort our your own daughter first.

Reply #22709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The screamed on are still at North, only the glory seekers have left. You people just can not stop yourselves from naming juniors  all for your own benefit I guess, bragging as usual. Grow up. As for Leah  we all know it hurts you that she has been nationally recognized  well live with it. Go Leah.

Reply #22710 | Report this post

Helmet Head  
Years ago

How can somebody defend not naming juniors and name the said junior in the same post? Hello, hello, I think that the pot is calling the kettle black.

Leave the names out of it. Sturt played a great game to beat a well coached high standard West team. If htat is an example of the standard of games to be played between them then hopfully both teams will continue to improve and SA basketball will be better off. It is a pitty that all games are not so well contested. I for one thought that all players on both teams were great.

Reply #22711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was a good game from both teams! Good to see such close competition between all top four teams. Looking to be a great winter season ahead.

Reply #22712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Point taken, just got frustrated a bit.

Reply #22713 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Considering North only had 5 players because 2 were injured they did a great job. Add the NT girl and a fully fit team, North will be in front by a mile. The girls still play for Marc so people saying he has been coaching them for too long are wrong. Leah was good and I thought some of her passes were exceptional, and I am not a fan of her. My order in the main season: North Fville, West, then Sturt, Norwood and Southern. Should be a great season. Fville to win GF this Friday.

Reply #22720 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

oh and by the way, Mia and Niki do play well together, I guess all the yelling and work from Marc has turned Niki into a good player. Fville couldn't take all the credit could they?

Reply #22721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north only had one injured girl in their team. 6 fit players

Reply #22724 | Report this post

The Punisher  
Years ago

Very wrong anonymous, get your facts right.

Reply #22725 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Anonymous, the North girls must have been cooling their ankles down because they were hot. It doesn't really matter, know will rememeber the grand inal that is played on Friday, just the State Champions and Winter premiers!

Reply #22764 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

I think you will find that Niki is much happier, that is why she is back playing like her old self.

Reply #22804 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Her old self was developed by Marc, or maybe West or maybe Woodville.

Reply #22816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The question is  how long will the happiness last in the rest of HER team?

Reply #22823 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:50 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754