Anonymous
Years ago

Are the Tigers back in the New NBL?

Just wondering does any know wheather the Melbourne Tigers are back in the Nbl this season because i'm hearing different things.

Topic #20004 | Report this topic

This just in  
Years ago

Both the Tigers & another Victorian team will be in the 2009/10 season.
You will have 9 teams

Stand by for it to become official

Reply #237218 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

This has been a poorly kept secret for some time now -although as with everything that happens at the moment nothing is confirmed until itis set in concrete.

Dont be surprised if the other Melbourne team isa partnership between Bball Vic, some local associations and the South Dragons.

The biggest impediment to this happening is a particular owner's pride.

Would be a good thing if this happened, but regardless I believe it is a 85-90% chance their will be two Melbourne teams announced shortly, along with some sort of TV details following shortly after.

Prety sure there will be no official name for the league this year though, it will be purely named after it's major sponsor - whoever that turns out to be.

Reply #237219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when do you thing that the accoucement will be offical.

must be soon because they what every thing done by june 1st

Reply #237223 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I personally dont know. But some think today, though I would imagine that there are details to be sorted and that today's announcement will be that the league is moving forward, with a presence in Perth, Adelaide, Melb, NZ, Woll, Gold Coast, Towns and Cairns, and that here will be a TV deal with Fox featuring increased coverage from last season.

However, I think actual announcement about Melbourne team(s) and the specifics of the TV deal will come next week or the week after.

But that's just me attempting to join dots together.

Reply #237303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just reading the article in the adeailde now newspaper by BOTI NAGY is seems to think that the laegue will be accoucned today with the Melbourne tigers to be be the eigth team.

Reply #237317 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think BA have given up hope of a BbAll Vic/local associations team.

This is a model they want to run with to varying degrees in Sydney and Brisbane, so they are keen to get it up.

Reply #237325 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

The Tigers will announce they're re-joining the league at a 2pm press conference. Hopefully alot more is also discussed at that media conference from Larry Sengstock.

Reply #237342 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Paul, we might see that second team next year. Just the Tigers for now, I imagine.

Reply #237360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #237363 | Report this post

Foxy12  
Years ago

Triple J just announced that officially the Tigers are back in the NBL

Reply #237364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:47 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754