ESP
Years ago

Kobe.... Doin Work

Kobe Doin work....... I'm doin my head in watching it.

Very self serving and he is particularly animated making out he is much more of a team man than he really is on a usual night.

Disappointing, I had high hopes.... although I never have liked a spike lee "joint" what ever that is?

Topic #20031 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

Yeah, I didn't like it. It seemed 'too fake'..Kobe wasn't his usual self, and I think that the only reason he participated in the video production was to try to show the public that he is more of a team player, and more than just a "ballhog".

Reply #237649 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Where did you find a copy?

Reply #237655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I downloaded it a few weeks ago but havent got round to watching it yet.

Reply #237657 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

Where do you go to download it?

Reply #237662 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I find Kobe to be far too groomed and trained with the media to have any faith in what he's actually saying. Not sure if you have it in Australia but in the UK they show a 5 minute doco at half time of every play off game about Kobe and LeBron with interviews and highilghts and footage of them off the court.

The crap that Kobe says makes me want to barf, one thing he says in his most sincere voice which is totally tranparent goes something like "It's so important to have respect for my peers, one thing I've worked really hard on ever since I first joined the league was to have respect for my peers".

Say what? So you're a skinny 17 year old coming into a league with the likes of Jordan near enough to his peak and you have work really hard on having respect for him?

Give me a Pat Rafter media conference any day.

LeBron is a bit different in this doco, he's perhaps a bit more arrogant and cocky than Kobe (talking about scoring lots of points he just says "it's easy for me" and laughs), which I prefer.

Reply #237664 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

I watched it last night. It aired on ESPN Over here in New Zealand

Reply #237667 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

yeah ESPN will probably air it about fifty times this week... it's on now... again already.

Reply #237670 | Report this post

Gheorge Muresan  
Years ago

Can't you just watch it and look at the finer points.

Yeah the doco is about Kobe and is out to make him look like the greatest man to ever walk the Earth, but look a bit deeper.

It gives you a great insight into his teammates, what happens behind the scenes and the simply plays and plans the team has that when they work they look amazingly good.

This is about Kobe, but you learn a lot about the other Lakers players, the Spurs and coach Phil Jackson.

Of course Kobe is going to say the right thing - he's not stupid, but as basketball lovers this doco should be one of the best things you've ever watched.

Reply #237684 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I still have a hard time accepting people's arguements that Bryant is comparable to Jordan or even on a par. Bryant is a very good player, there is no arguement, but I'm still not convinced he would be the superstar he's promoted to be if he were playing for a small market team.

Don't get me wrong, he'd still be very well known and marketable but I doubt people would rate him as good as Jordan or getting the some level of media interest.

Take Bryant out of the Lakers and they will still have a strong international brand (thanks to Magic, Kareem and more recently Shaquille), however take Lebron out of Cleveland or Wade out of Miami and you have two very different organisations without their stars.

Reply #237691 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

*argument(s)* - apologies to all my english teachers

Reply #237692 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Watched the premiere on ESPN Australia last night. Absolute wankfest - don't waste your time like I did.

Reply #237716 | Report this post

VC Fan  
Years ago

And if you put kobe into cleveland or miami big ads?

Reply #237748 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

it's the best documentary of th eyera so far ... where can i own a copy. is there a special/ecxtended edition for release?

Reply #237870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754