Sixertragic
Years ago

NH: Melbourne shopping advice inc basketball shop?

Off to Melbourne this weekend and just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on the places to go for good shopping (basketball, clothes related) etc.

Where are the best factory direct outlets and I have heard mention before of a basketball shop in the city somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

Topic #20046 | Report this topic

Born to Shop  
Years ago

Go to Smith St, Collingwood.

All major brands have factory outlets on this street; Nike, Adidas, Converse and a whole host of smaller brands. There are also surf wear shops that sell all the big surf brands as well.

Just a note....June used to be a good time of year for bargains down this street, but it seems they have wised up to the influx of families for the classics over the long weekend.

If you are looking for fashion, Bridge & Chapel streets in Richmond is the place to go.

There are a number of DFO's around the place, one just out of the airport if you are flying; however i have found that true bargains are not what they used to be in these huge places.

Reply #237885 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Smith Street Collingwood lots of sports outlets - And 1 shop (Fiddes/Fastbreak sports)in Bell Street Preston across from Officeworks, Kikcz101 Elizabeth Street in the City, Footlocker downstairs dedicated to basketball in Swanston Street.

Reply #237887 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

DFO at the airport is at/next to Essendon airport not Tullamarine.

There is a DFO at/above Southern Cross station (formerly spencer st station).

Others mentioned above, Smith St Collingwood, Kickz101, And 1/Fiddes Bell st Preston.

Reply #237894 | Report this post

Page  
Years ago

Kickz 101 is the best place to go. Its a little hard to see from the street as the shop is downstairs.
And the Footlocker in Swanston St with the basketball section is pretty good too, I find that the clothes are almost only in massive sizes though.

Reply #237915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754