MJ
Years ago

NBL - Who's signed where?

When do players offically sign with teams? Has anything been announced as who went where?

(Mod: Changed the title for you.)

Topic #20047 | Report this topic

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

I think they can approach players from today...

Reply #237910 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

So, if they can start talking to guys, who's in and who's out in the Sixers?

Holmes - Contracted
Hill - Contracted
Kersten - Contracted. Seems to have grown another leg under Davo at West and is having a vg ABL season, hopefully a 3 legged man can still play ball in the NBL.
Bruce - Contracted (?)
Balls - 1st right to be signed (?) July?
Schench - Priority 1
Davidson - Likely to accept an offer
Winitana - Likely to be in NZ
Cooper - ?
Grizzard - How would he go with a full season?
Burdon - Promote the guy from the Rookie bench
Hoban - Carving up boards with the Feagles, no reason not to keep him as a Rookie
Maher - Ret. But, still has one more year. How long before he's sitting next to Scottie?

But, who do we need to target to boost the squad?
Can JR slot back into the side? Will getting rid of the silly haircut be a condition of contract?

Reply #237923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack no one is contracted!
All players, even the 36ers players are free agents.

Reply #237924 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I think JR could slot in to Bretts place pretty easily.

Reply #237925 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

It is good SOS will have a clean slate to work with & not have players tied into long term deals for large money, but in saying that Ballinger & Luke would be the exception that you want to lock away - franchise players.

With the above players mentioned I would only look at Hill, Bruce (with a revised offer), Hoban (as a rookie) & Davo on a one yr deal linked to games played given past injuries.

I would look at Ng over JR & then go oevr the best players pending cap space / points etc.

Reply #237928 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah that was going to be my question. I thought being the "New" NBL that all contracts are void? But surely that can't be true? If it is then if I was McPeake I wouldn't be paying the fine!
I think we should retire Davidson to be honest. Unfortunately Brad is a little old and is very injury prone these days and with the extra talent out in the market I think we would be better off to go for another PG, especially considering we have Bruce already.
Possibilities...

PG: Bruce/Gibson (although unlikely)
SG: Hill/(Ingles)Ng
SF: Holmes/Import
PF: Ballinger/Import
C: Knight/Burston

I don't think Schenscher will be here next season, as much as he probably enjoyed himself being home for a year, I think he know he needs to earn some money for his future.
The same probably goes for Ingles, wants to play OS, so it's unlikely we will be able to entice him back to Adelaide.
I think Gibson will play for the Blaze under his old coach but I believe the club is talking to him.

Reply #237930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther I'm pretty sure Gibson will sign with the Blaze. I also wouldn't be surprised if they only signed one import this season.

Reply #237938 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

gibson has already signed with the blaze. Not announced yet

Reply #237940 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Crocodiles reasonably confident of securing Schenscher if he stays in Australia. Grizzard is worth a season if you can sign him for reasonable money. Ballinger is a priority, Bruce is worth the wait, Hill is a solid back-up. I'd drop Holmes, Davidson, Cooper, Winitana and Kersten.

Bring in guys like Burston, Knight, Goulding, Rillie, Ng and even Egan.

Reply #237945 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I dunno anymore about recruiting senior players as it hasn't worked that well in the past. If JR is being dumped from Townsville why would we want to go and pick him up? Unless you are a stacked team with little money or space you would be silly to sign him.
Look at some youth as there is some very good young players out in the market who will give you numerous years of service not just one.
I think Jacob is still serviceable as long as you know how to play the guy. Don't expect big points from him so use him more as a role player who will get you boards, play solid defence and work hard for you.
I just don't know about Kersten to be honest. I think he is an exceptional ABL player, even at Albury 2 years ago, but just not a solid NBL player. Maybe a guy who falls into the Jason Williams type mould.

Reply #237948 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, the "old" NBL contracts would be considered null and void

Reply #237954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson to Blaze official- http://nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=78030

Reply #237973 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

If contracts null and void have we same coaches.
Are they working on our list. Is priority with all fee agents available to get best team or sign our key plyrs and add to that.
With Brett retired surely JR in same role with low $ value would be good. Thus probably no space for Davo.
Like to see NG added to team again at a lower value and spend wisely so we can get some premium signings in both Aust. and import players.
I reckon waste our time chasing Schens as he will Euro.and cant waste time therefore Panthers suggestion of Knight- Burston combo is good suggestion.
Interesting times ahead .
Again and I will keep posting it thanks SOS group for saving our team . Hope successful both on and off the court

Reply #237974 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I heard Paul Bauer confirm that all old NBL contracts expire. ( In 36ers case all contracts expire 30/6.)
And, I heard Mark Lewis say that SOS definately will have Ninnis. ( I THINK old coaches contracts would also expire)

Reply #237980 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Now I remember Lewis did say that coaches contracts expire, and Ninnis would be under a new contract.

Reply #237981 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

SOS needs to establish really quickly if Luke is going overseas or not. If he is gone, we need to move on a guy like Khazzouh really fast. Otherwise we are going to be undersized in the middle again.

Ballinger is the next most critical signing then Bruce.

Need a gun SF import who can defend and score and perhaps a second import at PG if we can afford it. I like Bruce as a signing for the future, but he is not ready to lead the team yet.

Keep Holmes, but primarily as a backup to Balls. Keep Hill as the starting SG, and hopefully sign NG to compete with him.

Davidson seems like he is past it now and if we get an import PG, we won't miss him. Kersten hasn't impressed me at all. Surely they can find someone with more potential somewhere?

Winitana showed promise in the pre-season, but then go injured and never made an impact. Ninnis should only sign him if he is convinced he can make impact this season.

I wouldn't chase Rillie very hard either. He is just as old and past it as Maher is - they averaged about the same amount of points last season.

Pretty sure there is zero chance of getting Ingles back here, as he will probably get drafted late in the 2nd round and be sent to Europe to develop like Newley.

Reply #237988 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hinder re-signs with Crocs, says Rod on Twitter.

Reply #238072 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754