LC
Years ago

Magic's Nelson to play against the Lakers?

There is a huge amount of taslk that Jameer Nelson may be passed fit and therefore suit up to play in the NBA Finals against the Lakers.

"Nelson participated in a full team practice Tuesday for the first time since tearing the labrum in his right shoulder Feb. 2. While Nelson and coach Stan Van Gundy still said the point guard's status won't be determined until game day, players said Nelson looked "terrific" and expect him to be on the court against the Los Angeles Lakers."

"Nelson has been playing full-court games and practicing in non-contact drills for the last two weeks. Tuesday, he participated in every drill."

ESPN: http://linky.com.au/8j3t3

If Nelson could provide some genuine quality minutes against the Lakers do you think it would help or hinder the Magic?

Topic #20079 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Alston starting and Johnson playing the really aggressive role off the bench.... not sure i would have him?

I trust Van Gundy though- dude can coach- so if they use him it will be part of the plan. Johnson is a pro though so i can see him accepting what-ever happens.

Reply #238235 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

It could be a huge bonus but I'd look to bring him off the bench. Like Quagmire says Van Gundy can coach so I think he'll be smart enough to only play him if he's fit enough to contribute.

Reply #238238 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I think it'd be a huge minus, personally. You can't miss that much of the season and then expect to be effective in the Finals. They're in a great rhythm right now - what they don't need is a roster addition, IMO. Hopefully they're just playing cat-and-mouse with the Lakers.

Reply #238239 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

IMO I don't think it will really matter. I think the Magic will win regardless with Howard dominating the series.

Reply #238241 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

All talk by the Magic i reckon just to throw some doubt in the Lakers camp for their strategic planning.

Phil is smart enough to take it for what it's worth.

Reply #238251 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think they will get a better 15 mins out of a just recovered Nelson than Johnson, I think Johnson is terrible. So I'd roll the dice on him Nelson.

Reply #238271 | Report this post

ja  
Years ago

i agree with olskool johnson is terrible nelson will give them a great boost coming off the bench with pietrus.

Reply #238286 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

they can throw in Nelson, Shaq .. call up Superman's friends in the Justice League - and it ain't gonna matter one bit against Kobe and the Lakers . it's in the bag boys n girls

Reply #238304 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Did you say the same last year, playtime?

Reply #238320 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

How is Johnson "terrible"? I mean, he's not going to set the league on fire, but I thought he did what he had to do against the Cavs.

I suppose you're right though, in that Nelson certainly wouldn't be "worse" off the bench playing 10-15 mins than Johnson.

Reply #238327 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I agree Johnson is terrible! However, he is much better then Anthony Carter. So he can offer some benefit I guess. but If Nelson can play some minutes then his time should go to him instead

Reply #238334 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Nelson has been playing full-court games and practicing in non-contact drills for the last two weeks. Tuesday, he participated in every drill."

IMO.....he shouldnt play....practicing in non contact drills

All i can see is a hard foul and another torn labrum

Magic got to the final without him....he would only break team chemistry being added to the roster

Lakers should bounce back from last year....4-2 Lakers is my prediction

Reply #238542 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754