bretts the man
Years ago

SOS still in the starting blocks

Whats happening. Blaze signed a team almost . Bevo spoke to most of good bigs. Lot of top plyrs want big money in Euro. Isaac reports all these teams talking to a lot of other good players.
SOS group still trying to get No Money Mal and Grubby Groves to sign team over to them and unless not reported on this site we have not officially got a coaching group that can approach players with any conviction. If I am wrong -- great but please give us some rumours who might be in our team or on our radar to recruit or are we being left way behind thanks to the dynamic duo. Havent they done enough damage already to our great club

Topic #20083 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't worry.....all is under control

Reply #238302 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Bretts the man - You may actually find that it isnt "the dynamic duo" (as you put it) holding up the transfer.

Reply #238305 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Now I am worried and now confused. One poster says all under control and another says there is a hold up in the finalization of ownership and not caused by the previous owners. Would you as a top player have serious talks with us under current situation.
Forgive my sarcasm towards the previous owners as they nearly brought down a very proud and succesful club that has given myself and thousands of others massive enjoyment over many years and did it so late it has been a real struggle to keep them in the competition. SOS group are buying the group for the right reasons and should be allowed to get on and do it the best they can to be around for many more years.
If it is under control who is talking to these players.

Reply #238315 | Report this post

MikesMoustache  
Years ago

As far as I know Eddie wants it all to go ahead ASAP but Mal is holding it up.

I think Scotty & Richard will coachg.

With Richard owning & Coaching I would assume Brad will be on the list.

I assume Jacob & Coops will hang around, maybe Paora, depending on other signings.

Darren has been talked about.

Gibson was in the sights but went to GC.

Luke & Balls are a priority but are being chased by another team.

Jacob will probably hang around.

So at this stage:

Guards: Import, Ng, Hill, Winitana

Forwards: Holmes, Ballinger?, Import, Dev Player

Centre: Schenscher? (other Oz Ctr-Burston?), Cooper

Reply #238318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would just get balls then worry about luke. Luke has more chance of skipping to europe so get balls stiched up first.

Reply #238322 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Are they counting out the transfer price in 1c coins?!?! Every day that goes by without the Sixers able to recruit confidently puts us deeper in the hole. Not going to be very successful if we end up with Cooper as our starting centre!

Reply #238324 | Report this post

They got to sign Balls! I dont care if we got duds around him. Sixers NEED to sign Ballinger as an aussie! My 3yo son is obsessed with him, It would break his little heart if Balls wasn't a Sixer! Sign him and make him captain! Id hope it would be 1st priority for the new owners to get his signature before anyone else.

Reply #238328 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I've said it before, but I'd be amazed if Luke stuck around. With the lack of bigs, I'd say Cooper is safe. Does Oscar's contract in NZ hold? He'd be an assett in our front court.

I was thinking:

Guards: Rillie, Ng, Hill, Winitana

Forwards: Holmes, Ballinger (c), Import, Dev Player

Centre: Import, Cooper.

I know it'll be hard to find a solid import for the 5 spot though. If Winitana goes, Burdon could see some more minutes.

Reply #238335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is jayson wells up to these days.

Reply #238336 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I agree Ballinger is absoloute must as Aussie .
No surely we wont be that desperate to have Winitiano back and surely there is some young centres that can be good scoring back up centres even with limited court time
Coops been good worker but we need to move on.
I think Burston really started to show what he could do towards end of season as 1 of our centres.

Reply #238341 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

People will still be asking what Jayson Wells is up to in when he's in a retirement village.

Loco, Oscar is staying put.

K + KJ, they can't sign anyone yet - be patient.

Reply #238347 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac.

The Big-O really seems to have evolved out in Kiwi land. Good to see him becoming more of a factor.

Oh, and is anyone else here willing to sign a petition to have announcers stop calling Darren "The Ninja"?

Reply #238352 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

i understand that the latest is that the sale will be finalised tomorrow.

Reply #238353 | Report this post

LeHype  
Years ago

Winitana? Yeah I don't think so.

Reply #238354 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Hey, previous administrations kept Nash and Williams. Anything's possible.

Reply #238357 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Boti Nagy on the future of the 36ers, on with KG and Phil Smyth, today. Let's know if you hear anything interesting,on it.

Reply #238537 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Sixers should be looking at a team like:

Ballinger, Whitehead, Rush, Groves, Bruce
Mottram, Janev, Holmes, Hill, Dillon

Reply #238547 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754