docker
Years ago

Daniel Joyce's Future

With the Blaze signing Chris Goulding and shoring up their guard spots, does this mean the end of Daniel Joyce's NBL career?? or will another team pick him up? personally i think he will get a gig somewhere, maybe even as a development player?? (is he eligible for that).

Itil be NBL or nothing as i cant see him getting a contract overseas.

Thoughts?

Topic #20092 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

Where is Papa Joyce coaching this year?

Reply #238438 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

No way should any other team pick him up!

Reply #238440 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are all NBL coaching jobs taken?

Ninnis
Beveridge
Westover
Lemanis
Wright
Gleeson
McLeod
Fearne (or did he take a GM spot?)

Reply #238441 | Report this post

got dwayne wade?  
Years ago

Yeah all head coaching jobs are taken. Would Brendan joyce take up an assistants role?? or is his ego too big to step down a level??

Reply #238448 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

he would step down...i think he will be around the mark, but for limited csah, remember teams are broke so ass coaches are going to be on small wages,,,

Reply #238495 | Report this post

how does anyone become an ass coach?

Reply #238531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that Joyce senior is out of the league, Daniels true market value/ potential will be finally realised and tested. My tip is that he is done.

Both Joyces would be sitting around saying what went wrong, well I hope they have a couple of mirrors

Reply #238580 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I have enjoyed the old get-Joyce threads as much as the next person, and I am not a particular fan of D.. Joyce.

That said, after his last season, which while not a break out year was at least a huge improvement in consistency, I could see D Joyce getting a role off the bench in any number of teams.

He would be quite useful pinch hitting for 10-15 mins for some knock down threes, particularly playing for a strong coach with a team oriented system who could provide him in a more realistic on-court role (he is not a PG in this league).

Just a question really whether he has been too tarnished by the previous opportunities he has been provided.

Reply #238635 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

totally agree with xy, had a great year last year, and i can see him at a few clubs.

Reply #238643 | Report this post

davidk  
Years ago

Future washing car windows..

Reply #238648 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

i swear to god we need to give D JOYCE a break if he wasnt playing under his dad all those years. All of us would have said finally last year he showed some potential.

IMO if Paul Henhare can survive in this league D Joyce can

Reply #238691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can have a break...in the aba.

Their are too many kids out their who bring more to the table. Had a great year?....I guess he did get Blaze Defensive player of the year...

Reply #238699 | Report this post

Macca #1  
Years ago

daniel will be sitting with his father on a beach somewhere in australia.

Reply #238737 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

What?
Daniel Joyce HAS a future??

Reply #238814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what other small guards that aren't stars say they normally think about their match up for a game and think they can hold their own, but when the played joyce they felt they could own him.
Daniel is DONE

Reply #238896 | Report this post

Gordon Sparks  
Years ago

Unfortunately DJ's future was realised with Sydney ABA.

Could not bring the ball down court nor rebound and had one good shooting game against Parramatta.
He was given good minutes for no return at the expense of other good players who were sick and tired of the situation. They didnt want him and he could not hack others outplaying him.

Hawks would be crazy to sign him. Fans would leave or not attend nor would sponsors want to go thru the mess again. DJ has been a failure in both NBL clubs and ABA and his father has been the catalyse of both their downfalls. Nepotism hasn't worked. Its sad for Dan who is a nice guy under it all but his dad is a bonehead!

Reply #245882 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754