Isaac
Years ago

Crocs sign Michael Cedar

Edit: Looks like signings of Crawford and Williamson didn't eventuate (or at least not yet), but the Crocs did announce the signing of Michael Cedar. More info at NBL.com.au.

The Townsville Crocodiles are holding a press conference at 11am today. Expect to see the return of former Perth Wildcat Peter Crawford to be one announcement, while Brad Williamson seems destined to re-sign with the club he joined last year.
From JR On Fire.

Must feel odd for JR to report on this as these two guys will effectively be taking his spot.

Crawford leaving the Cats gives Stephen Weigh more opportunities, but Perth will probably want to add another SG if they run with the low-offense duo of Damian Martin and Brad Robbins at the point.

This brings the Crocs' signings to Hinder, Crawford and Williamson. Meanwhile, the Cats have made no mention of imports Hinson and Victor or forward Knight, but will probably pick up Cattalini from Cairns.

Topic #20094 | Report this topic

HAHA  
Years ago

Isn't Hinson in France?

Reply #238488 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks like JR has since removed the page from his blog; might've had a request from the Crocs?

He says Ronaldson has re-signed with the Breakers though. That improves Adelaide's chances with Ballinger (which you'd already rate as pretty decent, IMO).

Reply #238501 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

Crocs signed Michael Cedar today - there was supposed to be another signing (or 2) but it was not made for some reason...

Reply #238518 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rod, I've updated the thread accordingly.

Who do you think they should go for? Still need another big at least.

Are they keeping either or both imports?

Reply #238520 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Isn't this the guy that played George Michael on Arrested Development.

Reply #238538 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

Tovey, Williamson & Crawford on the way...

I'd say Burston would be a priority and rumours were Ellis wasn't coming back but that was when Schensh and Wortho were on the radar.

Reply #238568 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Crocodiles seem like a club really eager to get the roster completed and have the team together. Pretty good idea if you ask me. Tovey has potential, Mike Cedar is a local favourite who can score. Williamson stepped up last season, Crawford is a Townsville favourite who will bring some supporters back to the Swamp. Hinder brings veteran savvy and defensive hustle. I'd be looking to sign an offensive slasher in a Dave Thomas mould (would also love to see the defensive skills) and a big, powerful centre who can be relied on for buckets inside, as well as altering shots.

Reply #238600 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Cedar, Williamson and Tovey, not very exciting and I sure would not build my team around these guys, but I wish them all the best.

Reply #238616 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think there are few prospects in the NBL right now that you *can* build a team around in the Newley, Jawai or Ingles sense. Players like Gibson, Weigh and Hill are about the extent of it for the time being. I don't think those Crocs would be the core for Townsville, but they should be reasonable additions to Hinder, a couple of imports and maybe one more solid player - I suspect everyone will be gunning for Burston right now.

Reply #238622 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Still with a few decent imports, I cannot see the crocs having a successful season, with those Australian players.

Reply #238636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If those players are their core, then it will be a long season....

Reply #238772 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754