LC
Years ago

Magic @ Lakers - Game 2 **Spoiler**

Lakers up 1-0 after a game one thrashing of Orlando. Can "Superman" Dwight Howard lift his team to take out game 2?

ESPN Video Preview: http://linky.com.au/3e48p

Topic #20113 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

The Game isn't until tomorrow..

Reply #238853 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I know...I'm excited!

Reply #238861 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

- The Magic won't shoot as badly tomorrow.
- Howard will get more than 1 FG tomorrow.
- Bynum will go back to being rubbish.

They're my knee-jerk predictions. (All predictions wrong, or your money back). Unfortunately for the Magic, I don't really see how they can stop the Lakers' offence (if they double-team Kobe, Gasol/Odom/Fisher/others will pick up the slack).

Reply #238872 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

thank fark for that.....i thought i had forgotten to tape it...

Reply #238882 | Report this post

lakers(1)  
Years ago

bahahhahah .
games tommorow ?

Reply #238884 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Credit the lakers for taking the magic away from what has been working so well for them...

They defended the Turk screen and rolls better than any other team has, they made Lewis put it on the floor and gave the magic very few open looks.

Can the magic re-adjust?

Can Kobe continue to provide scoreboard pressure by hitting those contested jumpers?

Reply #238888 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Yes, true.dat. I read something by... someone, can't remember, from the Lakers. Basically said their defensive strategy had been to "run them (Orlando) off the line"; in other words, not just closing out the three - pushing hard enough to force them to drive around the D and hit mid-range shots on the run, which they (Turk, Lewis) don't seem to do as well as bombing it from long.

As you say, the Magic have to "re-adjust", or they're screwed.

Reply #238891 | Report this post

Magic has to up the tempo or they are done again !

Reply #238939 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow - OT! Lee missed a golden opportunity to win it in regulation the the missed alley-oop with just 0.6sec remaining.

Reply #238946 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

More evidence against the usefulness of +/- stat. Lewis is the only reason the Magic stayed in the game in the 1st half, clearly their best player, -1. Lee was ineffective, benched for most of the game until Pietrus fouled out, +5.

Reply #238948 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Magic need to find a way of getting more out of Howard offensively, Lakers are doing a great job of taking him right out of his game, it took until the 3rd quarter of game 2 before he got his first dunk of the series, compare that to the Cleveland series where he got what he wanted when he wanted it.

It's going to be real tough for the Magic to get it back from here, must be super painful being a Magic fan at the moment as they came so close to pinching one on the road despite some very average shooting from the stripe.

Did I hear the comentators right when they said the combined 1st quarter point tally of 30 was the lowest in finals history? It was an ugly quarter alright.

Reply #238991 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754