Travolta
Years ago

NH: Faith No More's second coming setlist

Earlier today Faith No More played their first show since breaking up 11 years ago at London's Brixton Academy. By the looks of things this was the setlist:

Reunited (Peaches cover)
The Real Thing
From Out Of Nowhere
Land Of Sunshine
Caffeine
Evidence
Chinese Arithmetic
Surprise, You're Dead
Easy
Last Cup Of Sorrow
Midlife Crisis
Cuckoo For Caca
The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies
RV
King For A Day
Malpractice
Jizzlobber
Be Aggressive
Epic
Mark Bowen

Encore #1

Stripsearch
Just A Man

Encore #2

I Started A Joke (Bee Gees cover)
Pristina

Topic #20152 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Needs more from California perhaps? Any omissions? Seems to cover much of the best to me.

Reply #239478 | Report this post

Travolta  
Years ago

Isaac, California? California was a Mr. Bungle album ;) FNM's six albums were; We Care A Lot, Introduce Yourself (both pre-Patton), The Real Thing, Angel Dust, King For A Day...Fool For A Lifetime and Album Of The Year.

Very tasty setlist, IMO. Cuckoo For Caca was rarely played live as was Stripsearch. FNM are notorious for really mixing up the songs in their sets so no two shows are the same. Supposedly they've been rehearsing 40+ songs for 'The Second Coming Tour'.

There's plenty of footage from the show on You Tube already and supposedly it was filmed professionally for a possible future DVD release.

They're co-headlining the Download festival in England and their set is meant to be streamed live on the net at around 6am Saturday morning for anyone interested.

Reply #239482 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oh, of course - was just listening to it recently and it slipped my mind. Could see Ashes to Ashes get played at some point?

Has there been any speculation as to what sparked the second coming? Scratching an itch? In need of cash?

Reply #239486 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Mate at work offered me a ticket for this show last night but there's a tube strike here in London which meant it would have been extremely difficult to get home, sort of wishing I'd just bitten the bullet and gone now.

Reply #239489 | Report this post

Travolta  
Years ago

I'd be pretty surprised if Ashes To Ashes doesn't get played at some point. So far they've announced 30+ shows almost exclusively in Europe and at festivals (to keep costs down, guaranteed money regardless of turnout etc.) They don't have a record label and aren't doing traditional media like interviews etc. and are pretty much only communicating with their fans via their website and Twitter.

Supposedly Mike Bordin (the drummer) was really keen to get them all back together because he never liked the fact they broke up in the first place and that Ozzy Osbourne is winding down touring (he's Ozzy's drummer). Billy Gould (bass) & Mike Patton (vocals) were allegedly the two hardest to convince as they are both pretty busy with a number of other projects on the side.

Patton finally agreed (after always insisting he'd never be a part of it despite how many suitcases of cash he was offered) because he's starting to get sick of touring with all his other projects and wants to concentrate on his film and video game work (he did the soundtrack to the new Crank movie & a short film called A Perfect Place, voiced the creatures in I Am Legend, that new Bionic Commando video game and a a few others).

An Australian tour is supposedly locked in for February as part of the Soundwave festival and possibly a couple of their own shows in the eastern states.

Reply #239490 | Report this post

Travolta  
Years ago

While there's plenty of low quality clips of the comeback show on You Tube check out this snippet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eCgeBVrf9g

Reply #239518 | Report this post

Travolta  
Years ago

Not a bad version of I Started A Joke from the show too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ef0tl6yJn0

Reply #239519 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks a bit like they're phoning it in. In the Land of Sunshine clip, there appears to be little interaction between band members and Patton looks like he's just stepping through a checklist: the singing bit, the make-weird-noises bit, the megaphone bit, etc.

Reply #239530 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Great set list. Heaps of old school stuff. Pretty heavy too until the encores. I wouldn't care if they didn't play anything of album of the year...

Reply #239575 | Report this post

Travolta  
Years ago

Isaac, The other guy's in FNM never appear animated and from what I've seen of the set I thought Patton was surprisingly getting into it a fair bit.

Anyway here's some animated Patton with FNM from the infamous 'Monsters of Rock '95' show in Chile, 'Midlife Crisis':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgqszSezo0w

and just for the hell of it peeps might wanna see this clip from The Fantomas/Melvins Big Band Live in London '06 DVD, 'Night Goat':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLV_fDi0Ozw

Reply #239604 | Report this post

Travolta  
Years ago

Isaac, Here is FNM doing Ashes To Ashes from earlier this morning at the Download festival:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3944WQrCg2k

Reply #239704 | Report this post

FNM Soundwave headliners confirmed.

Reply #246390 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754