hayden skipworth
Years ago

Pat Mills NBA Draft Predictions

Lets make this thread the official post for pat mills and the draft.

ive seen recent predictions having him as high as pick 22 to as low as pick 37.

it is a strong draft for point guards but lets hope he can get into the 1st round. i personally think with an aging fisher, lakers will pick him up at 29 if he slips that low.

Predictions?

Topic #20196 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Junior at St Mary's College.

Reply #239950 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

I'll put my head on the chopping block and lock in number 26 to the bulls. I thought the Spurs had a pick down lower but it goes to OKC.

I'm also going to lock Jingles into either 25 or 26 (both picks to the Trailblazers) in the 2nd round.

Reply #239951 | Report this post

NBL  
Years ago

Ingles isn't going to be drafted 1st round if at all. Mills is 2nd round at best and should go back to college

Reply #239953 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

34 to the Denver Nuggets.

for his sake anyway.

Reply #239956 | Report this post

Wildgoose  
Years ago

Mills has already said he's not going back to college as far as i remember. I doubt he will go pick 29 to lakers because they like big guards. You might be right on the bulls since it is pretty likely they will try and trade hinrich so they would need a backup.

Reply #239958 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Goose, he will go back if he doesnt think he is a chance for 1st round and this draft is quite deep in PG talent.

You also forget a kid named D.Rose.

Reply #239968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the bulls have more guards on their roster than any other nba team as if they need another

Reply #239971 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah won't be Bulls. Hoping Lakers.

What are Shannon Brown's chances of being there next year do you think?

Reply #239975 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

No chance for the Lakers. Mills wouldn't fit in the triangle.

Reply #239976 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

What is the cut-off date for draftees if they wish to play college next year? Hasn't It past?

Reply #239978 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Every indication is that Mills is staying in the draft. He's stated he is looking for a agent and will remain in. There has not been 1 article sugguesting he's returning to St Mary's.

Mills
1st round #30 - Cavs
(If he falls out of the first, I think Portland will grab him at #33 or #38, if the Spurs don't take him at #37)

Ingles
Not selected

Reply #239983 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I am pretty sure the cut of day is today. 15th June which is today in USA

Reply #239989 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I agree with TR - Cavs will pick him up at pick 30. He'll be playing with LB & Shaq!

As much as I hope a team will take a punt on Ingles (like Newley) I cannot see it happening.

Reply #239990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills has confirmed he wont be going back to St.Marys.

Reply #239991 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

ESPN story confirms Mills is staying in the draft

http://linky.com.au/xxbt9

Reply #239994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wtf you envies yo man yo man talking, Pat will stay and guaranteed a first round pick! you envies easy to forget how he outclass your yo yo yo best point guards last time and many times and yet you still discrdeit him for having that height blah blah blah!!! far out coz he will outplaye your best guards again thats why you cannot forgive him that much yo yo yo yo man

Reply #239995 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

translation please??? we speak "english" if you would like to communicate?

Reply #239997 | Report this post

Wildgoose  
Years ago

lol that posted two ago was funny. I love people that think their American, yo yo yo.

Hopefully Mills will stick in the first round. Lawal and Vasquez have pulled out, I know not guards but hopefully it removes more talent that would / could have gone above Mills.

@kad: I didn't forget D Rose, I only said backup. Maybe he will be a starter one day but i think first three years only backup until his decision making improves.

Anyway there will probably be a whole lot of switching late first round picks on draft night. Don't forget you can just sell them as well if you don't want a pick.

Reply #239999 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

be fair people, that ESPN article went up after I posted :)

The fact that he is in the draft means someone has told him they will draft him if he is available in their spot.

I guess its possible that someone with an early 2nd round pick (Wizards?) has told him they will offer him a g/teed deal if they pick him up.

OKC at 25th makes a lot of sense. 21st to NO maybe. 7th to the Warriors is a real outside chance. Should be fun!

Reply #240001 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Just saw that draftexpress moved Mills into the first pick for round 2 by the Kings.

Reply #240002 | Report this post

GD  
Years ago

I wouldn't write off the Bulls as a destination for Mills.

Their guard heavy status is way overstated, and probably gone since the trade deadline. I think they will be looking to move Hinrich, because he is way overpaid for a backup, Gordon is and UFA, Hunter is out of contract and Salmons can't run the point.

A backup 1 could very easily be on the shopping list even if they do resign Gordon.

Reply #240006 | Report this post

mansarcos  
Years ago

will be the cyril rioli of the NBA draft

ie, go way to low in the draft for what he will return

Reply #240009 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

LETS GET SERIOUS GUYS

HE WILL BE A LAT 1ST ROUND IF LUCKY

UNDERSIZED TURNS THE BALL OVER TOO MUCH

I LOVE HIM DONT GET ME WRONG

HES UNLIKELY TO GO 1ST ROUND

INGLES IS NOT NBA QUALITY NOR WILL HE EVER BE

I KNOW HES AN AUSSIE AND WE ALL WANT TO SUPPORT HIM BUT I GUARANTEE YOU NEWLEY INGLES THESE TYPE OF PLAYERS WILL NEVER GET A GIG IN THE NBA

Reply #240010 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Woody, stop shouting - it's ridiculous!

Reply #240012 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Im going to put my neck on the chopping block here

I reckon he will be in the top 20

I think his efforts against the dream team will push his stocks up

Reply #240020 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

That game against team usa was ages ago. Teams will be going more on what they have seen since he was injured. It will be interesting to see who picks him up as he can definatly play. If teams have shown interest in him it doesn't matter where he gets picked as long as he does get picked.

Reply #240024 | Report this post

Wildgoose  
Years ago

woody venkat everyone is talking late first round, so what are you on about? Did you even read the other posts, people are saying maybe Chi (pick 26) based on need. Who knows where he will go but there isn't much diff between 20 - 40 in this draft from the look of it. Obviously he has limitations but so do all players in that range.

I don't think many people are saying ingles will make it into the league.

Reply #240031 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

wildgoose everyone who is getting excited is biased towards australian talent. There are at least 3 other guards more explosive in the draft then patty. He makes poor decidions is a shoot first PG and since his hand injury really hasnt stepped up like SCOUTS would have liked him to. Too often settles for the jump shot, doesnt get to the line nearly enough

Id love to see him going first round but if you look at what each team needs hes more likely to be early 2nd round.

sorry for shouting yaal, i forgot to turn of caps

Reply #240037 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

chicago have a log jam at the guard position

so i really cant c why they would draft him

Reply #240038 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

will be the cyril rioli of the NBA draft

lol

Reply #240048 | Report this post

Wildgoose  
Years ago

ok obviously we are just talking here but chicago has the following guards:

Ben Gordon - $6.4m - unrestricted free agent
Kirk Hinrich - $10m
Lindsay Hunter - retirement? dude is 38
Derrick Rose - Starting SG

Deng and Salmons are SF's although Salmon could play some SG when deng gets back. Bull's pick would pay i can't remember somewhere between 1 -1.5m a season. So wouldn't you rather try and package hinrich and trade him and have a cheap bakcup? Also what is the chance they let gordon walk? They have deng coming back so Deng SF, Salmons SG, Rose PG. Just throwing around ides.

Reply #240050 | Report this post

Wildgoose  
Years ago

sorry i meant rose starting pg sorry

Reply #240060 | Report this post

GD  
Years ago

I think Salmons is a big downgrade in talent for the starting SG spot. The Bulls will keep Gordon if they can IMO, either trading Salmons on or keeping him as their back up 2/3. Thats up to Gordon and whatever offers other teams are prepared to give him though.

Ideal scenario would be trading away Kirk and Thomas for a scoring upgrade in the front court (Bosh or Amare being ideal obviously), which Noah can compliment. Then draft to backup where they need (PG and PF most likey), or look to veteran free agents if they trade their picks.

Ending up with:
5 - Noah
4 - Scoring PF
3 - Deng
2 - Gordon
1 - Rose

Reserves:
Salmons
Miller
Draft pick or F/A 1
Draft Pick or F/A 3/4
Tim Thomas (*hurl*).

Pat Mills could definitely fit into that bench spot, though if they keep Gordon they may be looking for a little more size in a bench guard.

Reply #240065 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

There's a report that the GSW and Monta Ellis are not on good terms. Ellis wants to be the man and Nelson apparently has given monta the PG spot to smooth things over, there goes the Warriors as a destinating IMO.

I dont think the Lakers are a possibility.

The Hawks are a very small chance at 19, Mavs a chance at 22, Cavs a chance at 30 but i'm sticking with the Bulls at 26.

Reply #240107 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Gordon is as good as gone...and it will be addition by subtraction as long as Deng stands up this season.
Mills will likely go from 20ish up.
Bulls a show with their second pick, but would depend on the status of a couple of other guards.
Look for the Bulls to go Hansbrough with 16. He is the standard pick the organization has been grabbing. Big time winner from a bigtime system, see here Kirk, gordon, Noah, TT and Rose...all guys who went deep in NCAA and from big programs.

With no D benny gone, expect to see the bulls go small if they get Patty at 26. Ill guarantee they will run Rose some at the 2 with Patty. Size challenged yes, but would be the quickest backcourt in the league, and Vinnie showed in the playoffs he isnt afraid to go small.

2009/10 season cant get here and finish soon enough, so Flash can come home to Chicago.

Reply #240500 | Report this post

bjbob  
Years ago

So many people are saying mills has no hope in the first round?

That is crazy, some articles are comparing him to Tony Parker, whilst an espn article questioned why he isn't getting picked in the same area as Ricky Rubio.

Afterall, Rubio's main tick to his name is the fact that he's played against men. Mills has played and proven himself against men in international competition.

My pick would be Mills to New Orleans at 21.

Ingles, pick a million to Minneapolis Lakers.

Reply #240655 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754