ESP
Years ago

Suns Shopping Amare

Phoenix offered Amare for Al Jefferson and Minnesota's 6th pick. The deal was declined (Understandably), but it seems the Suns will be fielding a very different line up next year with plenty of talk of both Amare and Shaq being moved.

http://linky.com.au/qsnpg

Topic #20239 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

Shaq to Detroit. Hell, anyone to Detroit... please Joe!

Reply #240473 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Ben Gordon to the pistons - but he is asking big $$$

Reply #240482 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

How much is big dollars DJ Rod?

Q will be happy about the suns getting rid of Amare :P

Reply #240493 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Adam Morrison+LO for Amare.somebody was joking about it when Morrison was acquired.

Reply #240501 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Rumour is $11 million to go into Ben Gordon's bank account each year...

Kahn would never make a deal for Jefferson + 6 for Amare. The Wolves get screwed on that deal.

Reply #240504 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Its a sad sad time to be a Suns fan :(

Reply #240522 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Amare is a unique talent. With the right coach there is no reason he couldn't be a top tier player in the NBA. I don't think he could be 'the man' on a team, but he could possiblely be the best 2nd part of a duo in the L.

Imagine how keen a D-Wade or a CP3 or a D-Will would be to have him drawing the D...?

I would be real careful to trade him.

Reply #240537 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

TR a consistent 20ppg for what 4-5 seasons... I think he has earned that right to get 11 million

Reply #240538 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Wasted money, Gordon is OVER-RATED in a big way.

He could be a great 6th man combo type guard if he didn't have the ego issue.

He doesn't create good shots for himself, only gets open if others do the hard work.

He is too small to guard other shooting guards.

For me, those two reasons alone would make him a player i would never sign for the money he is asking. I probably wouldn't for half what he is getting.

The team that signs Gordon is a team looking for wins against weak teams and is not a contender.

Like Gordon himself, the team would be a pretender looking at money based goals, not championship ones.

Reply #240548 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

" TR a consistent 20ppg for what 4-5 seasons... I think he has earned that right to get 11 million "

20 ppg doesnt count if there is no one else to score...

Reply #240550 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Wonder if OKC could offer Phoenix enough to land Amare? They have got 5 first rounders including #3 this year and Phoenix's first rounder next year.

Maybe a combo of picks, Jeff Green (#5 two years ago), Collison and Krstic or other spare parts? If the Suns are looking to re-tool, they'd be getting some good picks and several low to mid level contracts that wouldn't be too hard to move to get under the cap by the end of the year.

Not saying this would happen, because Phoenix might find something better - trade for Bosh? - but it could be an excellent move for OKC, who would finally have a top notch low post threat for Durant and Westbrook to play off. It would keep their fans happy, because they would be able to take another step towards the playoffs and hopefully start building a winning culture around the club.

Reply #240556 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:58 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754