John
Years ago

Hisense Arena crowd breakeven point

Does anyone know what crowd the South Dragons needed to breakeven at Hisense?? Would be a huge help guys.
Thanks heaps..

Topic #20246 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

HOB, go and ask Cowan.

Reply #240572 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

shall do that, my name is john, i just have to use HOB account...

I was just wondering, as the Vixens get like 4,000.. Are they making a profit form those games??

Reply #240573 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Dragons averaged 4,500 guess he made a profit but not a large enough profit to pay for his spending habits...

Reply #240574 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Yeah im not usre. Some say 5,00 and some say 4,000 but it would be interesting to know..

Reply #240575 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cowan should sell the license/brand to Basketball Victoria because they'll have more ability to get a team going than a general fan venture like you are thinking.

Reply #240578 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

As i have said. I'm not planning on doing so, and i think a venture by basketball victoria would not do so well. I believe that they must be run by the fans however like the afl clubs, as it gives stability and ensures that the club will be around for aslong as the supporters want it.

Anyway I dont know how you think you know that, but you are wrong. On another note congrats on the upgrade for the 36ers big improvement..

Reply #240579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone care to explain what's going on in this thread?

ie, who's HOB/John and is he thinking about launching a community-ownership model for the Dragons?

Reply #240600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, something like that: See here and here.

Nice idea, but I wonder if it's a little futile given the cost of convincing Cowan to give up the brand before the 2010/11 intake and that an alternative like a Basketball Victoria/similar group would have far better numbers and potential to run something like this.

To get details for some fantasy planning, surely taking it straight to Cowan is best - I mean, at some point you're going to have to talk to him if you have any plan of picking up the Dragons name and so on! Asking "Would you sell or give up the brand and membership details at all?" is probably a reasonable starting point before people start pledging money.

Reply #240605 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Victory had some interest in it - didn't they?
(that was when dragons and tigers pulled out,though.)

Reply #240625 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

should just forget the dragons name all together.

WTF is dragons !

just buy the license, and please re name.

could call them the melbourne swines!!

Reply #240627 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Break even was approx 5000 on 2007 Dragons ticket prices. After that I am not sure.

They signed a three year deal with the stadium, so if the hire costs were steady across the three years, the break even point would have dropped as the Dragons increased their prices approx 20-25%.

Hope that helps

Reply #240657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754