mf
Years ago

36ers club merchandise preferences

If you were able to have an input into the type of merchandise available what would you be most likely to buy eg: t-shirt, players top, giant hand, clapper or maybe something else.

Topic #20261 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

all of the above

Reply #240767 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

the giant hand is the winner

Reply #240770 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Basic tee, premium tee, hoodie, polo shirt inc an option in charcoal, casual shorts, etc.

Reply #240776 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I reckon a hoodie would be the go & a premium polo.

I also noticed last year young kids singlets sold out really quickly & I was told that there would be no more until the following season.

Reply #240777 | Report this post

Starks  
Years ago

No more cheap and nasty back packs / hats / t-shirts.
If you are going to give the Members a gift make it a simple quality item.
A nice American Apparel grey marle t-shirt with a simple 'Sixers Basketball' printed on the front.
If you are not going to do it properly don't do anything.
I'd rather buy my own team polo shirt than feel guilty chucking out shit I don't need.

Reply #240778 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I would like something for the more hefty supporters

Reply #240782 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

For the season ticket holders: nice club polo shirt and/or club hat.

For general merch: player's singlet, hoodie.

Can we bring the brooms back for the novelty item of the year?

I kid. I still have my West End flag, my blue and white streamers and god knows what else in a box upstairs lol

Maybe a giant hand with championship rings on it?

Reply #240789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loco a nice Polo or hat would come at a cost of at least $20 - $30. Most season ticket holders I know would rather go without than have that included in their packages.

Sounds to me like a member of the SOS is trying to get info because they have no idea.

Giant hands are over rated in my opinion and wouldn't sell, waste of time.

Reply #240790 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Yeah, fair point. I actually thought the championship t-shirts / blue Sixer t-shirts weren't bad.

Reply #240792 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

hoodie would be great, also just a nice simple t-shirt would be great. Like the idea of the grey t-shirt with sixers basketball on it.

also a mates gf has a sixers womens polo that looks good, be good to get them back so i can buy my gf one.

Reply #240797 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd love to buy my gf one to. It'd aid me in explaining who the Sixers are and where I am ever other weekend come season time.

Reply #240799 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I've always been a fan of the playing shorts and have bought a few pairs over the years. Would like to see those back.

Reply #240801 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Hoodies are a good Idea, but half of the season is in summer!

Reply #240802 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounds to me like a member of the SOS is trying to get info because they have no idea.
If it were, isn't it fair for them to ask just to get feedback? It'd be a smart move IMO.

Base cost of a hat or polo isn't $20-30. You can get a very decent hat made up for $5-6 or less.

Reply #240807 | Report this post

mf  
Years ago

No Anon 790 I'm not a member of SOS I just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone liked in the way of merchandise and if it helps SOS stock their shop with things that we all want then thats got to be a good thing ....Right

Reply #240808 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

Player singlets with.....wait for it...player names!!!

I know its been said before, but how about retro jerseys?? Would love an old Phil Smy....errr Chris Blakemore early 90'S Jersey.

It would be a nice change to see people rockin 36ers jerseys instead of the same old kobe douchebag footlocker special.

Reply #240810 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Time for me to bust out the 3 Rob Rose singlets hanging on the wall. At least 2 of them are from Adelaide :p

Reply #240812 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

i know one of them rose jerseys, its a red 94 version and its really tiny right? hehe!

i can wear my leon trimmingham, may be a little tight though!

one more note i did see a chris blakemore jersey worn to a game last season!

Reply #240813 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Retro jerseys would be great!

anyone got a Willy Simmonds one??

Reply #240815 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

Hoodies like Phil Smyth wears, high collar before it goes into the hood... something small on the back, under the hood up high only seen when the hood is on...

Polo's like last season, they were very good, and tee shirts with some plain 6ers gear...

Reply #240816 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Yeah, an old Torrens Valley mate dug out the small red and yellow Rose one for me a few weeks ago when I mentioned I had a few.

I've got the blue and yellow 21 Foodland one and the red and white 12 Canberra one too. Would love to track down a South East Melb Magic one to complete the set.

Sorry /offtopic.

Reply #240824 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Stick to simple and sell-able stuff.
Probably harp on this abit but the Dragons merchandise was always good range, sell-able items and decent prices.

Standard, very reasonably priced T-Shirts. Simple print logo and or team name logo, neutral colours that appeal to all (charcoa/grey, white, black) even though blue is the sixers colours it dosnt look good as a dominant colour of any t-shirt.

Polo - more official, club colours, logos, major sponsors etc. DON'T brand with a year and the club can keep the same style for a few seasons save on ending up with unsold stock.

Hoodies, very popular these days and not overly expensive, as with t-shirt stick to neutral appealing colour.

Player singlets - can understand why the name on the back is optional but if they go down this track have a speedy/local company apply the names!

Mini basketballs, cheap and great for the kids, good item for casual fans to take home as a momento.

Full sized basketballs - great for kids to take to school, play with at home, get autographed etc

Flags - whilst very popular in their hey-day still think there is a good spot for a club coloured and logo'ed flag, keep it simple and sell-able for several seasons.

Hats - Cheap to make, cheap to buy everyone happy.

THE ORIGINAL CLIPSAL CLAPPERS! Now they made some noise!!! ;)

Member freebies should be things like;
Bumper stickers (2009/10 36ers Member)
Key rings - with logo, possible home game schedule
Hat/Cap

With the timeline left for the current season it's going to be tough for SOS to get alot of this done. But one would hope something that evolves beyond this season.

The problem in the past with forever changing logos means wasted and new merchandise all the time.

Reply #240827 | Report this post

Beer is Sweet  
Years ago

Come up with a stubby type holder, but especially made for the plastic cups sold at the bar. I am not aware of anyone who makes one. I have tried bringing a normal stubby holder along but it just don't do the job properly.

I'd be prepared to pay $10-20 bucks for one so that before the game, and at half time I can put the plastic cup full of pale into a custom 6ers stubby holder....SWEET! I could then take it along to the clipsal, the footy and any other event that sells beer in plastic cups....SWEETER!

As a season ticket holder since the power house was built I have got a collection of cheap, crap back packs & caps that have been put into a cupboard, and most cases a bin.

All I want is a reasonably priced season ticket for the 4 seats I have, save the give away stuff.

Reply #240838 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Some good ideas above. A decent quality embroidered / fitted baseball cap would be good - like the NBA & NFL caps. A white or blue cap with a red 36ers logo would look tidy.

I realise this would cost more to produce they the standard caps but the price could be set accordingly. I think they would be popular if done correctly. I guess the cost / benefit would have to be looked at.

Reply #240855 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

A decent hat ! Not some cheap looking promotional piece of snot, I'm talking something of quality. Adidas are sponsors aren't they ? Then get them to produce something worthy.

And players jerseys that are quality. Ones that dont cost more than me bringing one in from nba.com

Reply #240856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you have to chose:
Good quality t-shirts and hoodies.
Small basketballs for the kids.
Stubby holder for plastic cups is a good idea too!

Reply #240857 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

What about a Sixers Stein from the bar

Reply #240862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be very smart of the 36ers to ask the community what they want, it's better than previous management believing they know what we want.

In the NBA you see flags, clapper sticks which make some good noise and tshirts to add colour to the stands. We need to implement these more to games.

Reply #240863 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Polo shirt with a pocket please.

Reply #240864 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

I support an AFL team (vic one) & I can virtually get anything in my teams colours...
Why don't they have a look at what AFL teams sell to get some ideas?

PS great news on Burston...

Reply #240865 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

I agree ritz...AFL teams do it very well..

I hate this team, but my mate loves them (Collingwood) and there clothing range is farkin awesome to say the least...

Especially seeing the 36ers are with Adidas as there sports clothing range is great...

Reply #240876 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Benchmark against other teams and other sports, but how about some unique stuff as well.

I would imagine something like:
* Ballinger tee with Ballinger's face & Malls balls(?) "The 36ers have got balls"
* Ninja headbands for the Darren Ng cheer squad

Reply #240877 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That Balls t-shirt wouldn't even need type - just leave it a little obscure.

Reply #240879 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon anyone from SA would know what it was about!

Reply #240882 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Has Hammer announced his comeback yet?

Perhaps we get some blow up hammers for when he is on the floor.

Reply #240883 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If the jersey's any good I'll buy one. They have been shocking in recent years. I still have no clue how they could be sponsored by Adidas and still manage something so dodgy, and then they expect to sell it for... what was it, $90?. Also agree that they should come with names. I could design something better than they've had in 5mins.

Any idea whether they'll go with the navy blue or baby blue? or if the away unis will be yellow again?

One thing they should definitely consider is giving out the 'clap-banners' that they have at Crows and Port games. I imagine they'd be relatively inexpensive and make a hell of a lot of noise. For those who haven't seen them they're basically small banners with a team logo/tagline on them that can be folded up and clapped against your hand. Would sound great in the Dome when everyone's into it!

Like the ideas of the funny t-shirts too. Maybe steal some of Isaac's ideas from last season.

Wouldn't buy a hoodie - too hot.

Reply #240893 | Report this post

Jane  
Years ago

incentive or rather thankyou to season ticket holders (if a club membership system is not introduced), give a key ring badge that changes each year. they become collectable too much like those of the SANFL clubs in the 80's pre Crows etc.

Reply #240895 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Keep it simple and classy...

Something like

Photobucket

Reply #240906 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and.....

Photobucket

Reply #240907 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Letter-opener for the office with the 36ers logo @ the top. I'll buy $10 for it.

Coffee mugs- either white with team logo or blue with team logo. $10 is good price.

I love the shooter-shirts. I bought last season's one and like the sleeves on them when you get bored of sleeveless.

Definitely bring in some retro please.

Hats: definitely better quality. I wouldn't mind the New Era caps like they do with MLB and NBA. I'd pay $40 for a 36ers one.

Better backpacks would be good. I'm using the season ticket version backpack from last season and it's fallen apart within a month. I still use it for my gym to keep the logo exposed around my gym.

DVDs of games and championship series, make it more easily accessible and promote it more so people know, word can spread and generate demand and purchases. Most of us would purchase the Championship series.

That'll do for now.

Reply #240909 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Wouldnt mind some drinking glasses or decent kids plastic type with players on them.
coffe cups
table mats
lanyards
Keyrings with a light emitting logo
baseball cap with cloth material (stitched in colour layers)
We got a Hand .People behind us hate us.
Balls and posters ,kids love autograph hunting.Maybe get the team get a prize/discount?

Reply #240925 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Agree with TR & the above photo's. A few posts have mentioned it will be to hot for hoodies but remember the season looks like it we be changed to a winter comp from next year.

Reply #240938 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A 36ers year book
History of the Sixers (not Maherverlous)
Wall of Fame (or shame in the case of some sixers)
Apart from player numbers, how about numbers like the cricketers, ie Ballinger is 99 (for the 99th player to suit up)

Reply #240953 | Report this post

VC Fan  
Years ago

Some light navy blue shorts just with the sixers logo at the bottom, like SA country has would look really good.

Reply #241017 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754