Isaac
Years ago

76ers revert to 1977-1997 logo

The Philadelphia 76ers have officially changed their primary logo and color scheme with a return to the traditional "76ers basketball" logo and the red, white and blue color scheme. The basketball logo was last used during the 1996-97 season and consists of a color scheme that was originally established in 1963 and used during the Sixers' two championship seasons in 1966-67 and 1982-83.
Video of the speeches and unveiling
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter: "Seeing the return of the 76ers old logo with the red, white, and blue colors brings me back to the time of growing up watching Wilt Chamberlain, Hal Greer, Dr. J, and those great teams. I am excited now, as I was then, for Sixers basketball."
Makes me think that we should collate a timeline of the 36ers logo over the years.

Topic #20271 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

A 36ers logo timeline would be great!

Reply #240934 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Hope this can help,not sure if its the very first logo but think it was used until the Eagle Super Sixers logo was introduced in 1993

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Reply #240963 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:38 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754