milhouse
Years ago

NH: South Park vs Family Guy?

personally prefere South Park but still like Family Guy. Am just interested to know who prefere's what.

Topic #20276 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Dude, "prefer".

Reply #240984 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

South Park

Reply #240987 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Family Guy. I used to enjoy South Park's preachy messages but they seem to try to make a statement with every new episode. Go back to the poo jokes please.

Reply #240991 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Family guy makes me giggle like a school girl

Reply #240998 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Family Guy by HEAPS!

Reply #241001 | Report this post

Stewie G  
Years ago

Another vote for Family Guy here!

Diarrhea......LOL!!!

Reply #241006 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

South Park, but I love both.

South Park's getting better every season, imagionationland was funny as hell, and some of the new FamGuy episodes haven't been that great... apart from the one about the word, have you heard the word?

Reply #241008 | Report this post

Stewie G  
Years ago

Bird...Bird...Bird...Bird is the word!!!

Reply #241018 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

What about Brady Bunch Vs The Partridge Family?

Though the Partridges were talented musician's and Danny looked like he could party it doesn't beat Marcia and Jan being lesbian's.

Reply #241022 | Report this post

So what exactly do people like about family guy? I dont ever think i've laughed at that show ever.

Reply #241026 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

SOUTH PARK by a lonnnng way.

Im a fan of Family Guy, but South Park makes a point and is funny at the same time, there are moments of pure genius in SP.

I am sure one day there will be Uni course studying the relevance of South Park and its importanct to the early 21st century.

FG on the other hand..is funy, but as Cartmen has mentioned, it tends to be a series of unrelated jokes.

It has to be South Park ... "Im sooper serial"

Reply #241030 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah that's the criticism that SP had of FamGuy - that all the jokes were completely unrelated to the story line. That's true, but as long as it's funny I don't really care. I've never cracked up like I have at South Park though. Like when the muslim kid sat next to Cartman in class, hehe, funniest moment!

Reply #241034 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

But does SP have to have a preachy topical moment every week? I didn't mind the Michael Jackson moment, or the "you're a murderer/cheater!" lines they have used a couple of times but they need to get back to the clever World of Warcraft or Walmart episodes more often.

Yeah, the non sequitirs on FG are bizarre but they are still funny.

Reply #241036 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Don't know what you mean by the preachy moments. If anything they mock those preachy moments.

Reply #241056 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

South Park by MIIIIILES.

Family Guy is not funny at all, its random crap after random crap with no actual jokes.

South Park writers are incredibly clever. The last 3 series touches on every major issue thats happened recently and they tackle it so well, with both sides, getting humour FROM them instead of random ridiculousness all episode.

People that love Family Guy should watch South Parks 'Cartoon Wars' episodes if you haven't seen them. Puts Family Guy in its place so hard. Also, Simpsons, Futurama writers got in contact with them afterwards and told them 'Well Done!' All those shows with actual substnace to their humour, HATE family guy because its a nothing show.

:)

Reply #241057 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

As if we haven't seen Cartoon Wars. In fact, in that episode, they make comment of their own situation, saying their heads are up their own arses with their preachy messages. To say Family Guy has no jokes means nothing. Just because they do things differently it doesn't mean it can't be funny.

Xztatik, by preachy moments, I mean they have to have a message on some current affairs every week now it seems. I didn't mind them when they were every few weeks but now they seem to do it more often. I don't think that is as clever as the earlier stuff where they just wrote their own episodes - Casa Bonita, Krazy Kripples, Scott Tenorman.

Reply #241066 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

OMG Scott Tenorman, classic.

So you mean you think they're trying to be more controversial with the subject of their episodes and trying to get more publicity basically? Wouldn't call them "preachy messages".

BTW, funniest episode: Scientology.

Reply #241069 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I did write preachy TOPICAL moment. They preach their opinion on a topical matter.

Reply #241072 | Report this post

"If you french fry when you're meant to pizza, you're going to have a bad time"

Reply #241083 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Thats what I'm talking about!!

Reply #241084 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Southpark for me by a fair way!

by the way, for those who haven't seen Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law, it is friggin hilarious! In fact most Adult Swim cartoons, whilst a little bit odd, are gold

Reply #241104 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Adult Swim is gold, very left field..

In fact, that's what makes Family Guy funny...The randomness (?) of it.

South Park is equally as funny IMO, just different humour.

You know what really grinds my gears? Trying to pick the funnier show.

Reply #241123 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Thinkin' about that muscly-armed paperboy, wishin' he'd come by & bring me some good news!

Ah, you're starting to piss me off, you little piggly son of a bitch. Call me!

Reply #241129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754