Anonymous
Years ago

Patrick Mills drops to 2nd round in updated DE

DE = draftexpress... and yes they're the best draft site out there.

Topic #20283 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

I find it hard to believe Mills stayed in the draft without having some sort of assurance he would be g/tee'd a contract.

Reply #241039 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Its funny because he is completely under rated and will do well but as LA Boy has said if hes available LA will pick him and he should go in the first.

Reply #241043 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

good! Denver is the best team for him.

Reply #241044 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Ben- I'm sorry about that, I said in some other thread last week Phil had a look at some of Mills' tape and weren't fully sold on him. not saying Lakers definitely won't pick him up but after Phil's words I won't guarrantee it anymore.

other prospects which Lakers are quite interested: Derrick Brown, Slava Kravtsov (though likely picked up in 2nd round).

so things has changed a bit and I apologize for the comment then. but it seems closer for Sun Yue to be dropped.

Reply #241062 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

LA Boy, whats the go with the rumour floating around the next season Phil will coach at home and the Rambis will coach away???

Reply #241064 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

sh*t.... I might try that again in english...

LA Boy, whats the go with the rumour floating around that next season Phil will coach at home and Rambis will coach away???

Reply #241065 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Also I thought it was interesting that Brandon Jennings has dropped out of the lottery.

Reply #241071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills dropped 20 pts on America last August. Would love to see the Spurs get him as a backup to Parker, or Denver.

Reply #241089 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

With so many strong pg's in the draft, he seems to be below quite a few - Jennings, Evans, Curry, Rubio, Lawson, just to name a handful. I'd be surprised if more than 7 or so teams take a pg with their first round pick - so I think there is every chance he will drop to second round and become a possible steal in later years....

Where did Tony Parker go? Around 29 off the top of my head. If he has half the career Parker did he'll be a resounding success but similar career paths could be a possibility

Reply #241102 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

international games really isn't regarded as high as people think when it comes to drafts.

TR-I think it's just a suggestion made by some fans? Phil's either in or not, during the playoffs he was indicating to finish at the end of the season but I think the ring is making him to reconsider that.

Working on the draft, so not really involved in what his situation is but it should be finialized in the next 3/4weeks after his physical.

PS: imagine playing 82 games with 2 different coaches, that'll just disrupt the team too much. and what Phil get at the end? half a ring?

Reply #241105 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Read something, and can't remember if it's already been posted here, saying that the Lakers can't trade their first round trade in 2009 as they've already traded away 2008 and 2010. There's a rule against going consecutive or three straight years without a first round trade?

Anyway, this piece was saying that because the Lakers are trying to avoid any more guaranteed salaries, their first round pick might be more likely to be an international that they can stash in Europe? Is there some rule that you can offload an international player like that without taking the salary on the books?

Reply #241107 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If the Lakers go the Europe route then I guess they would be looking at Jonas Jerebko. Any hints LA??

Your correct Isaac, you can't trade consecutive first round picks.

Reply #241108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you cant really take everything that these mock drafts say as gospel, most of them don't even have him in the first round. guess well find out friday morning. personally im hoping pick 22 to dallas

Reply #241114 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Slava Kravtsov

Reply #241116 | Report this post

Pigs of War  
Years ago

LA Boy, could you give me a quick description on what you actually do?
Just so i may direct more inqisitive questions at you...hehe..

Reply #241136 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

guess i should log in when asking ? like that...^ was me..

Reply #241141 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Mills has sliped even lower in DraftExpress's FINAL mock!

Reply #241293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754