Isaac
Years ago

Jeff Jordan to swap basketball for study

Jeff Jordan, two-year reserve point guard for the Illini basketball team, has decided he will not be returning for the upcoming season. Jordan, son of Michael Jordan, said that he wants to focus more on academics and life after college.

"I loved playing for the Fighting Illini and appreciate the support I was given by my teammates, coaches and the great fans here," Jordan said in a press release. "But I have come to the point where I'm ready to focus on life after basketball. I will concentrate on earning my degree from the University of Illinois and the opportunities that await upon graduating."
More at DailyIllini.com

Topic #20285 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Probably a smart move as (if its the right Jordan son I am thinking of) he was never going to make the NBA. I'm sure his dad could help him land a good job relating to his studies. Also a few extra dollars from dad will help living along the way

Reply #241112 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

yeah right Jordan you're thinking of Marcus is the more athletic one; both good kids. Does he actually need a job?

Reply #241117 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Im sure he will get used to hearing the term....'Michael jordan's son can eat here for free any night of the week!'

Good on him not just sitting back like every other kid thats born in to amazing wealth....ie jack osbourne IMO

Reply #241127 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

People, this is all just a ruse, he's obviously going to go off, do his own thing for 18 months before announcing in a fax "I'm back". Seen it all before.

Reply #241213 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

You know Kobe24 Jack Osbourne was never going to make the NBA either

Reply #241260 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754