Jack Toft
Years ago

Round 12 ABL

Another big round in the local league tonight.

North host West at the chicken shed
Panthers-Mavs at the tin shed
Tigers-Flames at Siberia South
Lions-Feagles at Siberia North
Woodville-Sturt at Eddie's

Who will win?
Women:
Expect that the North girls will put up a fight, but Sam's west will win
Panthers over Mavs on their home court
Tigers to out rebound Flames - can the Tigers continue their 3's?
Lions/Eagles - can you forfeit in ABL to save a big loss?
Woodville-Sturt: Sturt girls to wrap it up by half time

Men:
North at risk of dropping out the 5 when Rhino returns home to kick butt. Not even the silky smooth action of the Burd-man will get them over the line tonight. "Rampaging Rhino Reeks Revenge"
Panthers-Mavs: Sam Newman would call this the "fat rat's clacker" game.
Tigers-Flames: Tigers with everything to win, Flames need a win to secure top 3. Reckon the Tigers will be hungrier. It's a long drive back from the Vale, particularly after a loss. Don't forget to call into Maccas.
Lions-Feagles: Tipping the upset of the year. Feagles should normally win comfortably, but Lions desperate to get into the 5. Don't be suprised if Lions fall over line. That, or else it's season over with a loss of +20 points.
Woodville-Sturt: Sturt have everything to lose and don't have J Holmes esq., Woodville at home in a tight one if the catering lady can get the glad wrap on Sturt's ring without being sprung.

Topic #20318 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice write up Jack, you are usually quick to slam the Tigers... you had a few beverages this afternoon and loosened up a little?

Reply #241589 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I love the Southern Tigers, hate the Melbourne Tigers.

Reply #241594 | Report this post

good Night  
Years ago

Just left the leftie dome.

Game all on till bill hopkins Senior, ejected.

Tigers lost all impetus and went down by 10. entertaining game mind you.

Lady Flames won the early game in a tight one by 1 pt on the bell.

Reply #241604 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

what happened?

Reply #241609 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Looks like the Burdman dominated in the shed. No rampaging Rhino this week.

Looks like Lions men put up a fight until half time, but Sullivan's 3's nailed the game. Is it true that all the Feagles are all changing their name to Brad to avoid confusion?

I think enough has been said in other posts about the game at the Vale

Reply #241639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see Marino got another 20 odd points yesterday for Sturt women. Looking through her stats she could have 14-16 votes this year. Could she win the medal after missing 5 or so games?
Especially with Martin and Woosnam from West probably robbing each other of votes.

Reply #241708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop posting Angela

Reply #241709 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

709, could it be Vince? (LOL)

Seriously, when you have two very good players on the same team, then they do rob each other and that opens it up for a smokey. Angela has done well in her 6 games and is 22 ppg, however, in this case, Angela is probably a bit down the list.

Too early to call the medal winner, but I reckon Truslove would have more points than Ange at the moment, so too Duke, Newley, Peris, Barratt, Woosnam, Martin, Perso, Nagy, Bowley, Gates ...

Reply #241713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think Martin and Woosnam would be robbing that many votes off each other, West are undefeated and alot of the games they would get the 3 and 2 votes.

Jo Hill would be right up there i would think. She would have more votes than Peris at North.

Reply #241716 | Report this post

Years ago

You really think Woosnam is up there in the vote count??? With the minutes she plays (vertially 40 every single game) her numbers aren't that impressive at all.. her turnovers most often tan not much higher than anyone elses too!

Truslove without a doubt!

Reply #241719 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Watch the games, 241719. Woosnam directs traffic & brings others into the game.

Woosnam has the steals to offset the additional turnovers. Woosnam one of the best in the league in assists, and has a higher 3pt % than Martin. It's a close go between them IMHO.

Reply #241723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack is that a joke , Nagy

Reply #241732 | Report this post

Years ago

Has the steals??? Watching some of the games I hardly ever notice her assists, its suprises me every time I see her assist tally?!?! IMO she still doesnt produce good enough numbers for the minutes she plays!

Reply #241734 | Report this post

Years ago

DaddyO... She avg a minimum of 4 turnovers a game.. in the last 3 games alone she's had 21!!

Reply #241740 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

732, since when have I joked on this forum? ;)

Reply #241750 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

Boti, you're spose to write in the Advertiser, not on Hoops!

Reply #241777 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754