AK-47
Years ago

Boozer excercises option, returns to Jazz

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Carlos Boozer has reconsidered free agency, or at least put it off a year.

Boozer let the Utah Jazz know on Tuesday that he will stay with the team for the final year of his contract rather than opting out and becoming a free agent -- which he once said he intended to do.

Great news for the Jazz! Millsap must be the priority now.

http://linky.com.au/xg8aa

Topic #20345 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

There was a piece on ESPN that explained his options well. Besides the Jazz, there were only three teams able to offer him the sort of deal he wanted and two were not interested. The remaining side was Detroit and they did not have $13-15m in mind.

Had Boozer opted out and not got anything from those teams, he would've been left with a $6-7m deal instead - big gamble when a number of teams are cutting their spending.

Reply #241959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also heard a whisper of Okur telling the jazz he is willing to accept less for a longer contract. Probably a good option because he has always stepped up for the jazz when Boozer has been injured.

Milsap is a key, i just hope he realises that his career is as a 6th man not a starter. He is undersized, an energy guy who would breakdown if asked to play starters minutes (as proven when he replaced Boozer last season). A good player who should be looked after, but the jazz shouldn't over pay him.

I suppose the biggest key is if the jazz can move AK and his big contract. Any word on the Gld St option?

The jazz also have the knicks 1st round pick next year, and considering the knicks obvious desire to put money ahead of wins, that pick could easily be top 5...

Reply #241993 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Okur has also agreed to excercise his option and will play for the jazz next season as well.

Anonymous,

You mentioned a deal with AK going to Golden State..

are these strong rumours? whose involved?

Reply #242003 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Also Cavs' Varejao declines option, becomes free agent

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cavaliers forward Anderson Varejao did not exercise his option on a $6.2 million contract for next season, making him an unrestricted free agent.

The hustling Varejao posted career-highs in starts (42), scoring (8.6), field-goal percentage (.536) and minutes (28.5) per game last season for the Cavs, who won 66 regular-season games but were eliminated in the Eastern Conference finals by Orlando.

Cleveland general manager Danny Ferry has stated his intent to re-sign Varejao and the Cavs may offer him a contract during the free-agency signing period which starts on Wednesday.

The 6-foot-11 Varejao sat out a large chunk of last season in a contract dispute with Cleveland, but has said he wants to stay with the Cavs.

could varejao not be at the cavs? interestting..

Reply #242020 | Report this post

Gheorge Muresan  
Years ago

Boozer is only one year - even Jazz know that, so while its good news short term, if Millsap signs with highest bidder, the Jazz could be in real trouble this time next year.

One thing you know is that Boozer will play his guts out next season to boost his chances of landing a massive deal in the free agency bonanza of 2010.

My tip is we see him play all 82 or close to all games next season.

If I were Jazz, I would look to now deal him and keep Millsap, who has way more up side.

Reply #242022 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

just on varejao i believe he wants to stay with the cavs but is just looking for a contract extension.

Reply #242040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry AK, got no details, i just remember seeing it on ESPN insider rumour section, it just said 'AK to Golden State?'

Imagine him at the knicks under coach D....fantasy much?

Reply #242090 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:31 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754