Rob
Years ago

Chuck Long Bargain Import - 36ers or Taipans?

I just heard that the 36's and Tiapans are looking at signing Chuck Long from the Hobart Chargers as one of their imports. I have seen him play in Vic this year and he is very athletic but not going to score much in the NBL.

Topic #20349 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

I hope that is not the case then!

Reply #242004 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

if there is one thing i know about sixers fans is they dont like under performing imports.

Reply #242005 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's his SEABL page.

Reply #242006 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Chuck Long's stats are good but not great. 17.8ppg, 11.0rpg, 3.6apg on the season.

BTW, is their Assistant Coach Willie Joseph "the" Willie Joseph?

Reply #242008 | Report this post

Willistyle  
Years ago

yes that is the Willie Joseph, and Long he isn't a great import in that league. Not an NBL standard import, no outside shot and a limited penetrator. His best asset is his athleticism and would keep fans happy with highlights but not results.

Reply #242009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't get an import from a local league when you can get one from Europe or D-League FFS. Waste of an import sport unless they turn out to be a Shawn Redhage case but that is highly unlikely.

Reply #242010 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

The Taipans can have him

Reply #242011 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Sign Bruce please...........

Reply #242017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is not and has never been on the 36ers radar.

Reply #242019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As people have said he's athletic but getting Chappell back would make more sense than signing Long. He's no NBL import....

Reply #242031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers should be careful with their choice of import, as the last season didn't go to well with one of their imports.

As none of us will ever forget the issues that arose with julius and our other choice of import didn't work out to well.

Then their was grizzard, who was able to hit some baskets and give us the whole package. He could shoot, Dunk, run the court, rebound and do everything the other two couldn't manage.

Reply #242041 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Big Willie Jo! What a legend, on and off the court!!

Reply #242044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Rob whom ever mentioned this info is just passing on a rumour.
No truth in either case.So please tell your mate he is wrong.
Maybe someone should ask Charleston.

Reply #242053 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Then their was grizzard, who was able to hit some baskets and give us the whole package. He could shoot, Dunk, run the court, rebound and do everything the other two couldn't manage."

What when we were already down by 30?? :P

Reply #242059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen a lot of Chuck Long play over here in Victoria & have to agree that the guy has serious hops & have thought before that he'd make a good NBL import. He is a bit undisciplined and unskilled in the half court...and for some reason can't break down some half court defences. But a team like the Taipans could do well to get a bargain like him that would excite the fans. I'd have to agree that 36r fans would be way too harsh on him. His game since playing SEABL may be hindered a bit by having Anthony Stewart & Mark Banovic that jack up ALOT of shots every game from the perimeter. He could flourish with an NBL level coaching staff.. my understanding of Charger practices is that individual skills training is left to the initiative of each player. While we're talking SEABL to NBL players...personally, I think Robbie Inches from the Chargers would also be an asset to an NBL team as a back up PG.

Reply #242067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok,
I agree with that he did really only hit the shots when we were down, but the problem was when he did the work there was no support on defense, let alone any support at all.

Reply #242163 | Report this post

paul high  
Years ago

His play is alot better than what i have seen in your country

Reply #246618 | Report this post

tony23  
Years ago

willie joseph is da bomb!

Reply #362249 | Report this post

bubbub123  
Years ago

HI THIS MAN IS DA BOMB OMG I WANT TO MEET HIM ONE DAY

Reply #362250 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:20 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754