AK-47
Years ago

Turkoglu agrees to terms with Blazers

This is huge for the Blazers. Gives them another ball handler and another clutch performer to help out Roy. Great signing IMO.

With Gortat likely to sign with Dallas after they offered him a reasonable contract the Magic are going to be strugging to keep there core group of players there with already no Alston, Lee or Battie.

On the NBA website i found an article written by David Aldridge stating that Turkoglu hadnt signed but was likely to however that was written before the following source/s.

http://linky.com.au/vs7f1

http://linky.com.au/1o0fi

Topic #20380 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Far out Magic lost 5 players from last season already!

Reply #242368 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

The magic didn't lose 5 players, they traded 3 for Carter, they are letting Hedo walk now that they have Carter and they were never going to be able to re-sign Gortat with teams offering him their MLE.

IMO Their starting 5 is looking better than last year at this point:

Nelson
Carter
Pietrus
Lewis
Howard

Reply #242370 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

No way. Hedo is at least x5 better than carter.

Reply #242378 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

bolks.... can I change your name to bollocks???

Hedo isn't 5 times better than Carter. I'd actually give it to Carter, just.....

Hedo never had the ability to go about and smash 35+ points plus on some team, Carter still can. I'm looking forward to see how teams defend Carter and Shard on the perimeter, and how well Howards passing out of a double team becomes.

Reply #242382 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Oh i'm sorry TR. I didn't realise that your name stood for Total Retard.

The only reason why Carter could go out and score 35 pts in a game because it was only him and Harris that could/would do anything in New Jersey. Hedo had to contend with Howard, Rashard and (when healthy) Nelson.

Reply #242390 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Interesting how he reneged on the deal. Apparently the warning bells were ringing when he rocked up to Portland without his wife, who was adamant that she wanted to be in Toronto (more international feel, big Turkish community).

Reply #242405 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Carter > Turk

No question in my opinion

Reply #242412 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Carter wins hands down, in fact their isn't even an argument.

Reply #242489 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754