Avanti
Years ago

Erin Phillips set to stay

Todays 'Tiser has an article on Erin Phillips agreeing to terms to stay with the Lightening next season.

Apparently all due to the Port Adelaide Football Club!!! HA!

Erin's spark stays

"ADELAIDE's 2005-06 WNBL assault has received its first boost with star guard Erin Phillips agreeing to terms for next season. Phillips, 19, won AllStar Five selection this year and set a club record with her 40 points in the Lightning's 93-94 overtime semi-final loss to Sydney."

Topic #2039 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Shes a hell of a ball player and will probably be heading to the WNBA soon so enjoy the ride while you can still go and watch her for $10 a game

Reply #22965 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

So true Kriss.

I remember watching her first year and thinking she was a superstar in the making (the fact she is pretty easy on the eyes doesnt hurt either!!)

She is a pretty decent footballer as well (like thats no surprise), I remember watching her tear everyone apart in a slowdown a couple of years ago.

Reply #22987 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, she's right in her article, I'm currently living in Canberra, and it's all rugby, and Manuka Oval is sh*ite....

Reply #22989 | Report this post

erin lover  
Years ago

very interesting article by boti...

invitation to canberra - mm..

playing guard and dishing / assists to lauren jackson -mm.

talking to tully beliquava - mm...

thinking about WNBA - mmm.

I wonder what Anne Donovan has in mind at Seattle for guards when Tully retires after this upcoming season.. - mmm.

Go you little champion.... !

Reply #23016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yogee you dirty old man.

Reply #23044 | Report this post

cousin  
Years ago

erin is not a gun

Reply #40495 | Report this post

cousin  
Years ago

erin is not a gun and im afraid she is not a very good footballer nor is she a very good basketballer from your cousins friends!

Reply #40496 | Report this post

cousin  
Years ago

hey cousin its the one with really blonde hair and i just wanted to tell you that your not a very good cricketer and you should never play again also your basketball skills have decreased in the last 6 months. from your cousin with the blonde hair who has a brother

Reply #40497 | Report this post

shame2anonymous  
Years ago

Erin has such amazing talent and drive to become the best she can be. She's my idol and she deserves all the praise she recieves because she's earnt it. She's the type of person you always wanna be around because she knows how to make you laugh. As far as her being a man, anonymous - your lost - yes her physique is muscular but big deal. With out it she would have struggled to get as far as she has. She is very attractive. y do u need to post shit like that anyway

Reply #40501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree, she is awesome, and the north girls should be lapping up the experience to be able to play with her. She has an amazing athletic body and is definately a very attractive girl. All the best Erin, you are a superstar

Reply #40515 | Report this post

Big Fan  
Years ago

Hey Cousin, I bet you have never played any type of professional sport in your life, you are nothing but a loser and you will never acheive anything close to what Erin Phillips has already done. She is the best Womens Footballer i have ever seen and she is going to be one of Australia's top women basketballers. As for her looks and her sexy body, i think she is a very stunning girl and there are quite a few of us guys out there who think the same. Also i know that Port Powers Jacob Surgen has been after Erin for a while.

Reply #40526 | Report this post

Right On  
Years ago

You go big fan, i agree with everything you have said. As for Jacob Surgen Ooooww thats a bit of goss.

(Mod: Don't change your name and post again to back up your point.)

Reply #40527 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

pitty the dude gets scared shitless in front of goals!

Reply #40529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted. It's quite telling that you even care.)

Reply #40532 | Report this post

D. Brent  
Years ago

i would love to see jacob surgen and nathan bock play on each in a game, what a comedy that would be, i apologise for that being off topic but lloyd will appreciate it even if no-one else does.

Reply #40546 | Report this post

Right On  
Years ago

Yeah right, have you seen Erin's boyfriend, he is pretty hot. I think maybe you should get your facts straight before you put that crap on the net.

Reply #40566 | Report this post

Come On  
Years ago

Actually i have seen Erin and her boyfriend together and yeah he is pretty cute.

Reply #40567 | Report this post

Frog  
Years ago

What's with it with those Phillips girls and the Power boys, Erin's sister Amy is going out with Shaun Burgoyne from the Power. Very sporting family if you ask me.

Reply #40568 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Arr...Frog...their father is a Port Man from way back

Reply #40569 | Report this post

Double D  
Years ago

I think her statistics speak for themself. The girl can seriosly play some basketball and is an attacking and aggressive player in the way she goes about it. It is typical of those who lack the kinds of qualities that Erin does to be the typical dirt slingers. Don't waste our time with your negative trash.

Reply #40573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Erin is a very good "individual" player. I have played with women like her and hated it. Block out your opponent ready to get a rebound and next your own team mate is knocking it away from you chasing stats of her own not for the team. If you are a guard play one. Could be why Erin didn't get the court minutes when a real coach coach lightning (Go Jan)

Reply #40574 | Report this post

Terrier  
Years ago

Anonymous, jelousy is a curse. I bet you were one of those players that never got there and just rubbish the people that work hard to get there. I also think you are one of those players that sat back and let everyone else do the hard work and just waited back for the ball. Erin probably didn't get the minutes cause she was a new player, you have to earn the minutes, and i think Erin definatly has, i would think there would have been a few unhappy girls if Erin got more minutes then them and she only just made the squad. Also she has only just tured 20 in May.

Reply #40656 | Report this post

Frog  
Years ago

Good on you terrier, i think a lot of people don't realise that she is still only very young.

Reply #40657 | Report this post

Guess who?  
Years ago

You go Terrier, i bet Anonymous has never watched her play because if they had they would notice that her eyes are always on the ball and she is just there to help out her team. Go back to playing social basketball anonymous because obviously you know nothing about the WNBL.

Reply #40659 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

anonymous, that is the biggest load of rubbish i have heard today. you are a clown, erin is an unbelievable player, and will certainly play wnba at some stage if she wants to.

Reply #40662 | Report this post

i agree gertrude. i think erin is a absolote GUN! she is definitly my hero. she has so much potential all i can say is watch this space! anonymous u r full of so much fricken crap i think u should just keep ur dam mounth shut if u dont hav nethink posotive 2 say id rather u not waste my time! it sounds like ur the selfesh 1 2 me! KEEP UP THE GR8 BALL ERIN!!!!!

Reply #41174 | Report this post

em  
Years ago

erin is not manly,she is a gun basketballer and footballer.i have the chance to have training with her once a week and ive learnt so much in each training session.ive been doing it for maybe 2 months and ive found she is a great role model for me and she's not big headed at all,she's funny and nice and everything.and the way i see it she's deffinatly out there for the team not only herself.she'll go up for the rebound to help her team out and get bashed around and everything,do u think she does that for herself i dont think anyone would really like it.
GO ERIN!

Reply #66645 | Report this post

garfunk  
Years ago

shes beautiful,athletic and has the world at her feet but most importantly can she cook

Reply #69627 | Report this post

Pedro H.Pekick  
Years ago

I'm Brazilian!
I'm love Erin Phillips!
She's player number 1 in the world!
She's a beatfool!

Eu sou brazileiro!
Eu amo Erin Phillips!
Ela é a jogadora numero 1 do mundo!
Ela é linda!
Eu vi dois jogos dela pela Copa do Mundo de Basktball!
Ela é a melhor e eu amo ela!

Kisses
Beijos
Abraços

Reply #97647 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

E.Phillips is a gun!
Too get so far in such a short amount of time shows what sort of dedication she has..sporting pedigree doesn't hurt either...
Plus, she is a very approachable and chatty person. That and her looks will be getting her a few nice endorsment contracts as well..
Why do we have this tall poppy syndrome in Australia where whenever someone gets good at something, people need to slag off at them? Poor form.

Reply #97665 | Report this post

Zoe  
Years ago

Erin is such a gun! i'm a 14 year old basketballer and am trying to mould my own game around hers as shes such an exciting player.
i look up to Erin and hopefully, one day i'll be as good a basketballer as she is!!

Reply #101440 | Report this post

amy  
Years ago

Erin you are the bestest basketballer eva. I play for Norwood flames and i luv cuming out to watch you play. Mwa luv you erin always.
p.s i luv your number to
im number 13 aswell

Reply #126440 | Report this post

amy  
Years ago

Erin you are the bestest basketballer eva. I play for Norwood flames and i luv cuming out to watch you play. Mwa luv you erin always.
p.s i luv your number to
im number 13 aswell

Reply #126441 | Report this post

stevie  
Years ago

i'm erins cousin from england and think the knee injury thing must be a family curse! i tore my left knee up playing soccer semi-pro 5 years ago and haven't been the same since. i now coach. i hope the knee doesn't bother her again throughout her career.

Reply #158775 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754