MACDUB
Years ago

Michael Rosario-Remember the Name(spoilers)

Mike Rosario, remember that name. Rosario already played division 1 NCAA Basketball for Rutgers(strange considering Rutgers is predominately football)
He has been playing for Puerto Rico, and today they played France.

His final stat line read:

54 points (18/29 FG, 9/13 3-point, 9/10 FT) to go with 7 rebounds and 4 steals.

Furthermore, he led his team to a stunning 90-89 win over the highly-fancied French team.

Personally, I don't think its too early to start talking NBA. He showed it all

Topic #20395 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

6-2 guard in high school, coached by Bobby Hurley's Dad who in an unrelated topic, wrote an interesting book about the year Bobby had his accident - well worth a read.

Reply #242562 | Report this post

G.Smith  
Years ago

In an interview last year he also said he chose Rutgers due to Loyalty? unsure what the explanation was on that.

But i agree MACDUB, it isnt too early to start talking about NBA.

Scoring 54 points at World Championships is amazing.
He averaged 16ppg last season as a freshman playing In the BigEast. So he definately can play against the Big names

Reply #242569 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

I'd gather that was a 40 min game as well... Never heard of the guy - but will keep my eyes and ears peeled... I guess Ricky Rubio did a similar thing in his u-16 champs a few years ago with his quadruple-double game so - who knows what will happen to this guy...

Reply #242570 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah G.Smith, 54 points against anyone is incredible in a World Championship event. It is even more amazing, that he did it against a powerful French outfit. And he did it on dramatic fashion, ala Kobe. His team was down by 7 with 2 in a half mins left. He hit some big shots and they won the game by won point 90-89.That is special..54 points in a comeback win against the highly-fancied France.

On another note, the Emus are looking really consistent. Top 4 spot..thoughts??
Maybe the Emus, USA, Lithuania and Crotia/Greece/Argentina or Puerto Rico

Reply #242575 | Report this post

G.Smith  
Years ago

I feel that once Australia play Argentina and Croatia it will give us a good idea on how well our boys are going to end up.

Another player to watch out for MACDUB is:

- Lithuania's Donatas MOTIEJUNAS. A 7'0" Power Forward who loves to shoot the 3 Ball. He had a poor game against Puerto Rico and that is a big factor in why they lost.

He is expected to go Top Ten in next years NBA Draft

Reply #242582 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah I have heard alot about this guy. Also heard that players like Mario Delas(Crotia) and Matias Nocedal(Argentina) are NBA prospects. Nocedal has already signed a contract with TAU Ceramica, however.

Reply #242585 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Madcub - u would hardly call this French side "powerful".

Saw them in Melb and if Rosario has any sort of physical presence then the frenchies would have had trouble defending him.

Reply #242603 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

France were terrible at the four nations tournament in melbourne but great effort anytime to shoot 54

Reply #242659 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

You are all saying how terrible France were in the pre-worlds tournament in Melbourne. Let me say this; Pre-tournament warm up games aren't really accurate of whats to come in the actual event.

Look at the Emus in France..They lost to France 68-65, they lost to Lithuania 96-80 and we bet USA 79-77.
Furthermore, the Canadians won the Douai Basketball Tournament over teams like Lithuania, USA and the Emus.

And..France just bet Lithuania tonight 95-78, which is a very convicing victory.

Those who don't rate France don't have much Basketball knowledge. And those that say France were terrible at the Four Nations Tournament--Pre-worlds tournaments aren't indicative of how a team will perform in the main event..Look above and see how the Emus did in Douai(Not well), and yet they are looking like a top 4 team at the Worlds!

Reply #242673 | Report this post

G.Smith  
Years ago

I was at the friday and Saturday games of the Four Nations and i can tell you that France were not 'terrible'.. Aus only just beat them on the friday night. So to say they were terrible is a big call.

Also warm up tournaments are there to go through team offences and get everyone some international game experience. No team wants to give away and show to the world everything they have before the serious stuff begins. that for obvious reasons would be stupid!

Reply #242686 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Nowhere in my post did i not rate France. I simply wrote they were poor in Melbourne. And yes Australia only just beat them but Australia played poor in that game also. The only decent game the boys played was against greece when there was some physicality and feeling and the stuck to the hellas big time.

Reply #242700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754