nbl(N)
Years ago

vandenberg to nc state?

i was speaking to a friend of mine who is in the admin area of the waverly falcons in victoria.

There is a player called jordan vandenberg and he was at the AIS last year i think or the year before.

He is playing for the waverly falcons youth leauge team in div1, but his stats are nothing special besides a few games.

How in the world is it possible that he iss going to nc state?

This i can not belive but when i hear it from someone who knows i dont know what to htink.

Thoughs??

true , not true?

Topic #20397 | Report this topic

G.Smith  
Years ago

nbl(N) Yes this is correct..

He signed a national Letter of Intent to play for the Wolfpack shortly after the Signing period opened.

This is very odd news to me. I have seen him play on numerous Occasions in Victoria playing Youth League and even in his u18 days.

* Legit 7-Footer
* extremely soft Centre
* prefers to shoot jumpshots rather than use his height to dominate his at best 6"5" oppoentns
* has never actually made any impact in Youth League games or at Nationals despite his height
* Has no power moves inside

People who may say he cant be too bad?
Think about this:

Would he have been left out of the u19 Australian Emus side standing at 7'0" tall if he was even half decent?

Reply #242591 | Report this post

G.Smith  
Years ago

Mind you, in saying that..

i also did read somewhere that North Carolina State signed him to play minimal minutes as a Freshman and are using him as a "Project Player" so that does in the end make sense.

But it is big name school in a very BIG name DivI conference

Reply #242593 | Report this post

nbl(N)  
Years ago

yeah i was thinking that how he has never really mad much off a impact anywhere.

fair enough, project player but if he is going to Nc State, iam sure he could have gone to another div1 school and actually played , could that be possibly better for him??

Reply #242600 | Report this post

Sleeper  
Years ago

There was this one kid who was playing Div 5 for Noarlunga and someone decided to give him a go......

3 years later he's playing in the NCAA final and gets drafted to the NBA.

Reply #242623 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Maybe he is the next Luke Schenscher. He improved out of this world after his stint at College.

Reply #242624 | Report this post

G.Smith  
Years ago

Yes it would be better for him to play Four Years of getting good minutes, but there have been many Australian Centres (with far more talent than JV) travel over there and play in smaller conferences and still not contribute as much as you would think.

For example:

* Ben Allen: 6'11" averaged 23.5ppg, 15.5rpg, 2.0apg, and 2.5 bpg in his last SEABL season with the AIS.
- u21 National team

He now only averages 3.2ppg and 1.2rpg

(Compare that to Vandenverg only averaging 11points and 13rebounds in an extremely poor standard Youth League)

* Rob Huntington, Cameran Witt, Graem Radford, and many more

These are all players with more skill than JV that are playing at smaller schools and still not dominating.

I guess NC State may be best for his development even though he will not be playing many minutes early

Reply #242626 | Report this post

nbl(N)  
Years ago

Youth leauge is not too much of a bad standard, it has dropped of since Dandenong, Frankston, Sandringham, Knox, Nunawading, Bendingo and Ballart with drew there teams so they can compete in the D leauge but this isen't too bad to be fair.

Reply #242632 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

yeah but Luke Schenscher was willing to listen and learn...... something tells me JV isnt!

Reply #242684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Georgia Tech vs NC State: Video Highlights - NC State Basketball - Wolfpack Review

Reply #311052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://wolfpackreview.com/north-carolina-state-basketball/highlights/georgia-tech-vs-nc-state-video-highlights-

Reply #311053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754