Andy
Years ago

Looks like Ingles and Newley did bugger all

Going from what I saw on the boxscore in the way of points these guys did very little in the Vegas Summer League.

From memory Ingles had 3 points in 17 minutes for the Warriors and Newley 5 points in 23 minutes for the Rockets.

Topic #20436 | Report this topic

Andy  
Years ago

Sorry, 19 minutes for Newley.

Reply #243042 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Summer league is a tough setting for aussies and kiwis. We are generally not brought up to just show off in a team setting, which is what is required in a summer league. OInce you pass the ball you arent that likely to get it back!

Reply #243045 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

your right on that 1 paul, we're bought up believing bballs a team game where in tha states it's all about the individuals game, shooting and driving and assists are an after thought.

Reply #243048 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

thats prob why internationaly alot of countries have pretty much almost caught up to the states ie Spain and Argentina and Greece

Reply #243049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh god seriously. just cos someone doesnt score doesnt mean they didnt play well. u guys are seriously so annoying

Reply #243052 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Perhaps Australians can also learn to hog the ball.

Reply #243053 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Hous 73
GS 69

pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a off def tot ast pf st to bs pts
B.Newley G 19:15 1-6 0-2 3-6 0 3 3 0 1 0 1 0 5

J.Ingles 17:15 1-3 1-3 0-0 0 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 3

Reply #243055 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Yeah coz 3 and 5 points in a Summer league game is going to secure them a contract....but they played great team ball!!

Cmon....if anyone Newely and Ingles know what it takes to get to the next level. It's not like it's their first time in the states or they were unaware that in the Summer league it's me first mentality.

But hey, who knows, maybe if you box out on offense and defense you will get a call up!!!

Reply #243057 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

no they're done.

they won't play NBA.

Reply #243058 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Ingles will never play, and houston have all ready said they dont want newley...

sad about patty..

Reply #243059 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Who said Houston didn't want Newley?

Reply #243069 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

was in some interview i saw a week or two ago..

Reply #243070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That interview was with the writer of a rockets blog - not with anyone actually affiliated with the team.

Reply #243073 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

a super upgrade of the NBL is required for these guys to be taken seriously.

U can't base someones ability on their summer league ability and we all know that. Lets not put an nba contract as being the be all and end all either, gaze never played significantly, yet steve kerr won 4 titles.

Reply #243088 | Report this post

D.Rose#1  
Years ago

Another thing that sucks about Summer league (apart from everyone on the team trying to get a job and playing selfishly) is that the refs are on trial as well and are told to call the games very tightly. Its very tough to watch. Cant wait though to see how James Johnson goes for us. I hope we send Hodge to the end of the bench.

Reply #243179 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

I can't believe for the life of me how there was any talk of Ingles Making the NBA. If the NBA wanted a POSTER BUNNY then maybe. Guy cant even flatout score in the NBL. You need to have a sexy game to make it in the NBA. You can put up 10 and 5 yet another homie is doing the same thing but hes flushing those 5 field goals upstairs in your face

Reply #243216 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Well it looks like Newley won't make it.

Newley: 0 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal.

not good at all against other scrubs + rookies.

Reply #243238 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754