Jack Toft
Years ago

ABL: R14 upsets and wrap

Women:
No real upsets here I would suggest.
Rockets in control over Mavs
Flames fell to South at home while Truslove firmed up as the MVP of the season. Sorry Angela, I think it's better luck next year. Could have gone either way and the lady flames have some work to firm up a top 5 spot.
Sturt over Tigers at home. Once again the 3rd qtr decided the game result.
Feagles over Warriors
Westies over Lions
With 4 more rounds, top 5 still uncertain, so some good games ahead. Flames/Rockets next week to be game of round.

Men:
Will the real Mavs stand up and stay up? North - "Roosters one week, feather dusters the next". Just when the top 5 spot is secured, Brad Hill and Shane Breheny use them to dust the rafters at Mt Barker in the 3rd qtr and secure the game.
Flames always in control at MARS - Coops with 13 points! Is that a career high?
Sturt at full strength should always win.
The Brads go down to Woodies. WTF? Once again, game won and lost in 3rd qtr. Would suggest the game they had to get out of the system.
West/Lions: No firm scores yet, but without the Prince of the boards, would suggest the Lions would have gone down to the bearcats

Topic #20456 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

STOP PRESS

Lions men over West by 11 by all accounts.

Reply #243162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive upset last night, with Central over West in the mens.
Not sure Kerrin Truslove would be the MVP favourite, i think Nikita Martin would have the votes at this stage.

Reply #243170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great mens game up in the hills. I think the Rockets must have forgotten to re-fuel at half time. 57 points in the first half and 22 in the second. Came out with zero out of seven three point attempts. Scores tied at end of 3rd quarter but an outstanding 18 points for Brad in the last quarter put the nails in the rockets coffin.

Reply #243172 | Report this post

w  
Years ago

South nearly certain to play finals, where is sps and the other haters who said south wouldn't make finals.!!

Reply #243193 | Report this post

Blow the whistle  
Years ago

Just looked at the Womens stats

Possibly over officiated???

77 free throws awarded for the game, this has to be some kinda record.

Mahoney had 222 of her own??

bizarre imo

Reply #243211 | Report this post

sps  
Years ago

Here I am 'w', you idiot. I never said South wouldn't make the finals. I did, however, say that they would be out after the first round. They have no depth. Their starting five play almost all of their minutes. That will hurt them come finals time, not to mention their coach.

Reply #243233 | Report this post

Dale C  
Years ago

Round wrap-up here. Plenty of upsets.

http://linky.com.au/7nvbl

Reply #243242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blowthewhistle,
Over officiating is a polite name for the events that transpire at Wayville weekly. Steals etc for one team are always fouls on the other but muggings at Wayville are not uncommon. The umps wouldn't have changed the result of this game just the margin. Would have thought ump help when playing against Woodville would hardly be needed but old habits die hard.

SPS,
Souths are travelling well and will give most a fright and what's the coach done wrong except guide them to fourth on the ladder? Norwood and Southern are the disappointments with Norwood's younger brigade disappointing and Southern's hype bigger than its collective ability.Norwood seem just to hold a place until their real players are available.
Paint it anyway you like but Wests remain favourites with Souths,Sturt and Forestville likely to fight out the right to play them. The rest are too inconsistent.

Reply #243243 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon Westies need to watch themselves over the next four weeks!

Currently 8 & 6 with 107%, 9 wins and good % gets top 4/5.

Next games:
Woodville at the Dome
Feagles at Wayville
Sturt at home
Tigers at home

Surely, Woodville couldn't have another gun week? Feagles and Sturt are always tough. Could Westies be 8 and 9 going into the last round?

Rockets are 7 & 7 and need 2 more wins to seal the deal.
Flames (H), Tigers (A), Panthers (A), Lions (H).
Imagine if they went LLW to be 8 & 9 going into the last round.

Tigers and Lions are both 5 & 9 and must win all 4/4 games to pressure for spot 5.
Tigers: Panthers, Rockets, Feagles, West
Lions: Mavs, Panthers, Flames, Rockets

How good would it be if all four teams were 8 & 9 going into the last round and then you have West/Tigers and North/Lions battling it for the final spots. (Probably not good if you were a Westies or Noth fan)

Reply #243258 | Report this post

w  
Years ago

Actually you said they wouldn't make finals, and it great to see you still have all that hate inside. Shows your lack of knowledge as the whole competition doesn't have depth so i would say they are in with a chance. Would love to see them make the GF to show what a real tool you really are. Haven't read your cheery comments for a while perhaps it is that time of the month, your nickname is pms isn't it?

Reply #243265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see it not being a norwood sturt final

Reply #243276 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

276, Mens, Womens, or U10s?

Reply #243279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

either, neither and none jack

Reply #243280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mens of course jack

Reply #243326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour has it Norwood women will be without 2-3 starters come finals time. Not sure on the reliability of that though

Reply #243344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not reliable

Reply #243397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really will be of little consequence, they are pretenders from the coach down.

Reply #243401 | Report this post

Sniper  
Years ago

Tend to agee that Norwood will struggle to get there.

Not certain how a coach pretends to coach. I think we best wait till after the Rockets rematch on saturday.

Can the Rockets Men get back up at home. Last years games were clasics , with standing room only at Hillcrest.

Reply #243416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pretending to be what exactly?

Reply #243842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754