Milhouse
Years ago

Arizona Wildcats vs 36ers

I remember in the 90's Arizona coming out here for games against the 36ers. I saw the game in 96 with Jason Terry and Mike Bibby, and apparently they came out before with Damon Stoudamire. They came out again a few years ago and played Sturt with Channing Fry. My point being is there a chance of them coming out again? Also does anybody have copies of these games on tape or DVD?

Topic #20468 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got one of those Arizona championship t-shirts they were handing out signed by most of the team. The signatures soon faded after a few washes and who knows where it is now. About '97 wasn't it? I think I remember Trimmingham playing.

Reply #243329 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I reckon Dave Thomas was playing for the Wildcats. I think Scotty was playing for the 36ers as well.

Reply #243331 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Miles Simon and Bennett Davidson played for Arizona too. Those two plus Mike Bibby one year. From memory, Miles Simon hit a runner on the buzzer to beat the Sixers? Lute Olson coaching.

I remember being given one of those free t-shirts, but PR guy threatened to take them back if we didn't wear them. So we cheered for Sixers wearing Arizona t-shirts. Never wore shirt again, hanging in closet still!

Reply #243336 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I've still got my ball signed by fry and Walton and rest of team including coaches. Mint condition. Now I just need fry to become an all star lol

Reply #243563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754