Andy
Years ago

Ingles starting well

Joe is 2-2 1-1 for 5 points so far.

The current starting 5 is a pretty good one actually. Morrow, Randolph and Curry is fairly impressive with Ingles and Sampson rounding it out.

Topic #20479 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

all have played in the nba exept ingles and curry (but he will)

Reply #243411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just given away a tech foul. One way to get noticed!

Reply #243420 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He played 40 minutes in the game too and hit 10 points on 4/10 shooting

Reply #243421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the warriors fans on realgm seem to like him. think he could sneak in on the roster

Reply #243424 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

The Warriors have given Ingles a good amount of time, considering he went undrafted - over 30 mins in two games and at least 17 mins in the other two.

'Jose' seems to have rebounded quite well in the two games he got over 30 mins, and I saw him make a nice pass against Detroit. His real problem is that he has just not been able to knock down enough shots, and that is going to kill his chances of making a roster - especially Nellie's Warriors, who are already loaded with athletic wings who can shoot!

Looks like he has one more game with the Warriors, so hopefully he can finally find his shooting touch and have a big scoring night. He needs to do what Newley did last year in Europe and hit like 8 threes in a row!

In the likely event he doesn't make an NBA roster, I hope Ninnis makes a strong play for his services. It would be really good for the Sixers to get a talent like him back in the fold! He and this new guy Gilchrist could present some big matchup problems for opposing backcourts with their height!

Reply #243428 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Didn't Ingles already make a statement before he left for the US that it was either the NBA or Europe and that he would not be coming back to the NBL for next season?

Reply #243436 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They really are giving him every opportunity to show his wares - 40 minutes is excellent.

Reply #243438 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles just got is British passport which makes him more attractive for Euro teams and in doing has said see ya later NBL. No chance of coming back to Aus anytime soon

Reply #243442 | Report this post

D.Rose#1  
Years ago

I watched the game. He played on James Johnson the whole time. Johnson is obviously on a different level and won the battle, but I thought Ingles did ok. He was the only guy on the court that was playing team ball. He was feeding the ball into Randolph in the post, setting picks, taking charges etc.

He is not shooting well, he only took 1 contested shot the whole game,(which he actually made) the rest were all open. If you wanna play with the big boys you gotta make those shots, especially as an undrafted rookie thats not a good athlete by NBA standards.

Reply #243448 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That passport will make a difference. The word has been all along that Ingles will look to Europe before the NBL, but I'm still hopeful that, if Ninnis made a good pitch and a good multi year contract offer, that we could land him as our next cornerstone.

Either way, NBL teams have to stop behaving as if they are amateur clubs and that they shouldn't stand in the way of someone's European ambitions. If NBL clubs think and act as though they are second rate, everyone else will see them that way too!

From what I have heard from some other posters, only the big Euro clubs can offer better money than here and job security isn't great at a lot of clubs either.

The attitude of NBL clubs needs to be the same as the Euro clubs - you want our player, you owe us for developing him!

We need to create an incentive for NBL teams to sign young players and develop them. If there is a monetary reward at the end of it, not only will it help NBL clubs balance their budgets, but we will start developing a better system of talent identification and talent development that would hopefully, over time, improve our stocks of top notch basketballers.

Reply #243450 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Its not the fact that NBL clubs don't make serious offers - its the fact that by playing in Europe (and therefore considered to be playing in a a stronger league)you are more likely to get noticed and monitored by NBA scouts.

At this stage of his career, Ingles could probably make similar financial deals in Europe v Australia. I couldn't see a Euro team throwing a heap of cash at him until he has NBA experience or proves himself in Europe.

Reply #243452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coby Karl >>> Ingles

Reply #243455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles will never play NBA

Reply #243497 | Report this post

Wildgoose  
Years ago

Ingles will play NBA, but only NBA Live 09 or NBA 2K9.

Reply #243510 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

LOL @ Coby Karl >>> Ingles. Please. Coby Karl is a hack.

The Tech was pretty ridiculous. Not something you'd get T'd for in Aus.

It's a shame he's not shooting better, because I think he's generally a better shooter than he's showing, but everything else he's done has been really impresive. Definitely one of the better non-NBA contracted players here from what I've seen.

Reply #243516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are u talking about.

Coby Karl is leagues ahead of Ingles. Ingles would dream of scoring 18 points in the summer league.

Reply #243523 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

"Shame he's not shooting better"

Sums up Ingles' whole career so far pretty well...

Reply #243535 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Saw both play today. Ingles was good. Karl shot well, but has nothing else & as far as I can tell, is just a streaky shooter.

Meh, just my opinion. I'm sure you probably know better.

Reply #243536 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Haha nah your right Coby Carl is rubbish as well.

Im just saying that I dont believe Joe has ever been a good enough shooter for the NBA. If he was to make a roster spot he would have to rely on his shooting as he doesnt have the strength or athletecism to be a slasher or penetrator, and i dont think his touch has ever been good enough to hit them as a spot up shooter with NBA pressure on him. There is no way he would be able to beat quality NBA opposition with his standard 1-2 LEFT dribble pull up either as he isnt explosive enough.

That's just my opinion. But im sure you know better...

Reply #243543 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Ahhhhh he will get alot more in Europe not to mention other incentives like accom, no tax maybe etc etc. Hmmm NBL which has no money and no future for the league it self at the moment or Europe where basketball is a seriously followed sport. I wonder what would be a smart decision. 36ers haven't got a chance in hell

Reply #243564 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Depends on what youre looking for in a basketball career Ricey. Do you want to be a small fish in a big pond, far from family and friends, trying to speak a different language, with no guarantee you'll get good court time and every chance of getting cut or not paid, or whatever?

I'm not saying you can't have a great experience playing in Europe, but sometimes it isn't all its cracked up to be.

I understand that the reality is most players want to go to Europe or the NBA, but there are exceptions. Gaze and Maher being the two biggest examples of guys that had stunning careers by staying in Australia instead of chasing their dreams overseas.

Having said all that in response to your comment, my original post above was really about NBL clubs behaving the same way as Euro clubs and demanding compensation to release players under contract to other clubs in future. The time for that is probably not right now with the league struggling, but I would like to see attitudes change with regard to releasing talented players.

As an example, no more signing guys like Newley, only for them to disappear overseas without a shred of compensation for the club!

Reply #243568 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754