Isaac
Years ago

Yao Ming buys the Shanghai Sharks

Houston Rockets center Yao Ming has purchased his financially troubled former club the Shanghai Sharks, Chinese media reported on Thursday.
"I grew up in the city and became a professional player in this team, so I hope I can do something to help," Yao was quoted as saying on Shanghai TV.
The 28-year-old Yao topped the Forbes list of the wealthiest Chinese entertainers with an estimated income of 388 million yuan ($56.81 million) in 2008.

Running the Sharks will cost about 20 million yuan a year, according to the China Business News newspaper.
Full story

Cue "Andrew Bogut should buy the Dragons" comments...

Topic #20497 | Report this topic

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

I noticed the total cost of running a team in china is just under AU$4million a season, probably twice that of Australian teams.

Yeh Bogut could afford the dragons and their wonderful history as a licence with 8 championships or whatever it is. But 4 million out of a salary of 70 million a year to the team that developed you is different to Bogut's situation. The Dragons/Vic Titans development team sacked him early on I believe, plus he earns a mere 15 mill a year (???).

Is anyone any good at giving power point presentations about the need for Australia to lead the way financially in the Asian basketball market to Prime Ministers?

I'm only any good at talking good looking women out of sleeping with me, fortunately this rarely requires a powerpoint presentation.

Reply #243746 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Andrew Bogut should totally buy the dragons. Also, he's a bust. Also, LeBron is better waaaaaay than Kobe and MJ. Also, beer is delicious.

Reply #243752 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

"I'm only any good at talking good looking women out of sleeping with me"

You talk women out of sleeping with you? They want to sleep with you and you convince them not to?

Nice work Casanova.

Reply #243779 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

While he has no need for a powerpoint presentation, females he encounters have been heard to whisper "micro" and "soft" to their friends.

Reply #243834 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

well, basically i think women look at me neutrally and as a result of me talking to them and being myself, the thought of ever wanting to sleep with me is completely ticked off their mental list.

Reply #243913 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Bogut is not a bust.

Reply #243914 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

jakarta, maybe you are a bit of a twit. Or just ugly. Smelly, perhaps? If you can overcome those obstacles, who knows what could happen?

Reply #243921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754