Isaac
Years ago

David Barlow to Spain

JR hinted at it on the 18th and then Gaze.com.au covered it on around the 20th - David Barlow has signed in Europe.

David Barlow will not play for the Melbourne Tigers in the upcoming 2009/10 NBL season after Spanish club CAI Zaragoza acquired the signature of the 6'9" swingman, winning a week long tug-of-war battle with Union Olimpija of Slovenia to secure the services of the 2008 Olympian.
(From Gaze.com.au)

Melbourne have two spare import spots to use if they can't find a local to maintain their "All-Aussie" roster plan.

Topic #20529 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Good move for Barlow...hope he does well.

Reply #244228 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Hodge to Melbourne is my hot tip

Reply #244286 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Jake,
Would Melbourne have enough points for Hodge? From memory Barlow was an 8 so if they were already at the maximum for points they can only replace Barlow with an 8, which rules out most imports

Reply #244297 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

Hodge is the talk down here.

And if Barlow was an 8 (not sure), I'm sure it won't be a problem for Melbourne to get a few people to get a point reduction.

Reply #244302 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

It be great to see thr reaction at the Dome if Hodge were to return in a Tigers singlet

Reply #244312 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Grantley Bernard rumouerd Ingles back but sounds stupid as he said he wont come back to Australia to play.

Reply #244339 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

All the points reductions have already taken place, so nobody will get granted a points reduction on the basis of they can't get a player signed under the points cap so they'll shuffle their points around.
The majority of those that got their points reduced in any case were players whos clubs folded after years of service.
I'd be very surprised to see Hodge back, let alone with the Tigers.

Reply #244346 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

the points system and salary cap isnt applicable to the melbourne tigers, so theyll go ahead and sign whoever they want

Reply #244377 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

True true but just wanted to put it out there :)

Reply #244383 | Report this post

AO  
Years ago

Bring back Ebi Ere. They need an import..

Reply #244386 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Ebi's none too impressed with the Tigers' 'direction' they're heading in this season.
Will be interesting to see where he ends up for the upcoming season though.

Reply #244388 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

Cant blame anyone for going & grabbing a big buck while they can. The Nbl hasnt exactly been steady or reassuring lately.

I know i would.

Reply #244389 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ere has gone to Italy.

Barlow has gone to Zaragoza, who draw the largest crowds of any team in Europe - over 10,000 per game.
They have just been demoted from the top division ACB and Barlow is part of their plan to get back up.

Talk of a Tigers replacement include Ingles and Liam Rush. I am pretty sure they have enough points left for an import though.

Reply #244592 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Good news. Not for Barlow, just don't like the Tigers.

Reply #244611 | Report this post

SOUTHY :P  
Years ago

i think it's a great move even know that i LOVE dave barlow.i think that the tigers team will need to step up since ebi ere and dave thomas have gone aswell.i think it will be good for him and i hope he gets to play in the NBA some day.

Reply #245211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754