petea
Years ago

Wollacott/Halls predictions

Predictions anyone, men and women? All-star five and any other awards, who are you all prediciting?

Topic #20545 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There are about 4 serious contenders in the women's. One (under 18 player) at one club will be getting a lot of 1's and 2's and is a smokey.
Women:
Truslove; Martin; Woosnam; Marino.

Men:
Throw a blanket over half a dozen. Reckon there will be at least one Brad in the top 5.

Reply #244393 | Report this post

matt  
Years ago

I think Martin should win by a few, she has been the stand out player all year. The only danger for her is if Sam takes too many votes off her. Jo Hill should poll well too, and Marino finishing strong, but maybe too far back.

Reply #244410 | Report this post

Old man emu  
Years ago

Todd Matthews in the Men.

Been stellar all year.

Woosnam in the girls

Reply #244416 | Report this post

Ranga  
Years ago

Truslove in the women. A massive shoe in. Marino won't have played enough games and Martin would have had votes taken away from the other girls which is a pity cause she is a great kid.

Reply #244449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Truslove has played one less game than Nikita, and i think Nikita will poll in 90% of the games she has played.

Reply #244450 | Report this post

Old Man Emu  
Years ago

Gee I forgot Newley, She would have the most impact for her team, than any other club. Closely followed by Webber (truslove).

Reply #244465 | Report this post

matt  
Years ago

I think Mia was away for three games which will hurt her chances, but i agree she has been very good all year.

Reply #244498 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

no brainer

Reply #244574 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

WEBBER FOR SURE!!

Reply #245282 | Report this post

halls medal  
Years ago

Using the index of success on sporting pulse (not including round 18 as it isnt finished yet) I have awarded 3,2,1 votes. the formula was as follows:
the highest index of success from the winning team got 3 votes followed by 2 votes to the next highest from both teams and 1 vote for the next highest.
if there was a draw the votes went to the player on the winning team, if there was a draw between players on the same team votes went to the player with more points, if points were level then points went to the player with highest rebounds.
I am not saying this is who should will the halls medal but statistically this is an unbiast look at the league.
here is the top 20 and their votes

40 Kerrin Truslove - South Adelaide
30 Jo Hill - North Adelaide
29 Sam Woosnam - West Adelaide
25 Mia Newley - Forestville
25 Nikita Martin - West Adelaide
21 Angela Marino - Sturt
19 Jess Mahoney - Forestville
19 Rebecca Duke - Norwood
17 Caroline Burgess - Sturt
17 Jamie-Lee Peris - North Adelaide
16 Jodie Barratt - Woodville
15 Lisa Ackroyd - Norwood
14 Dee Ranford - Forestville
13 Stephanie Gates - Southern
10 Fiona Perso - Central Districts
9 Cassandra Carpenter - South Adelaide
9 Claire Johnson - South Adelaide
9 Jess Foley - Norwood
9 Kirsty Williams - North Adelaide
9 Trudy Holland - West Adelaide

Reply #246010 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Halls medal, well done, I reckon you're pretty close. What about the men?

Reply #246013 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Great figures and calculation there Halls, if you could do it for the men it would be great.

Reply #246036 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

What is the formula for Index of Success? It appears to give more weight to rebounds than perhaps they are worth so Truslove might not be quite so high? It would be interesting to see how much it changed if it went on points alone (which seems to be what umpires go by the most?).

Reply #246039 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

Why don't you do it for the men Panther32? You should have plenty of time on your hands now?

Reply #246040 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Juror - I agree and was going to make the same point.

Reply #246043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754