ja
Years ago

Anderson contract from the Rockets

Houston's David Andersen received a three-year deal worth $7.5 million to try to fill the void created by Yao Ming's likely absence for the entire 2009-10 season, with the third season at $2.7 million only partially guaranteed.

Topic #20554 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Not likely absence, he's definitely out for the 2009/10 season. Andersen will be the starting centre for the Rox.

Reply #244443 | Report this post

aaronbrucefan  
Years ago

thats gd. hope anderson does well

Reply #244451 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

good shit, he can def play and deserves some game time in the big league

Reply #244460 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

He was crap at the olympics, why does everyone think he'll be any good? He's a jump shooting big man who doesn't crash the boards.

Reply #244462 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

He's crap at the Olympics because international basketball isn't his forte. If you base your analysis on the Olympics, then Patty Mills should of been a top 10 pick.

He is a jump shooting big man who at times is soft. In the right system and right coach who uses a lot of pick and pops he'd be fine. I see him as Brad Miller lite.

Andersens been once of the best in Europe for a long time now, and I think he'll move across to the NBA quite well. Nothing outstanding, but consistency.

I think this season Houston are already in tank mode. The last season of T-Mac's contract, Yao is out. They'll develop the young guys and hope they get lucky the same way the Spurs got lucky when Robinson was out with his bad back and they won the Tim Duncan sweepstakes.

Yao comes back fit with 12 months rest, they have money in the bank once T-Mac expiries, and potentially a very high lottery pick. What's not to like??

Reply #244471 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Plus Goorjian in the Olympics couldn't use a decent big man to save him life.

On another note, the person that wrote Goorjians wikipedia page doesn't really hold back.

Reply #244484 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

yeh its gona be a tough season for houston who only one season ago was looking quite formidable with their version of a big 3 (yao, tmac, artest). This coming season it looks like the offensive load will fall on brooks, scola and maybe ariza. Not great, but at least these guys are young and will hopefully relish the opportunity. Also, it'll b interesting to see how landry, anderson and doresy fair when being thrust against quality bigs *cowers*.

Reply #244486 | Report this post

MACDUB1  
Years ago

Anderson's game is exactly like Scola, and as a result I definently think he can make an impact and be a 10 and 5 guy a night.
Scola isn't necessarily athletic nor strong. He uses his intelligence to his advantage, and Personally I think he has one of the best mid-range shots in the game today.
Anderson can be a guy like that too; A 'pick and pop guy', who can use his experience in Europe to his advantage.
I always get annoyed when NBA GM's constantly look at a guys athleticism to determine whether he should make the league..They need to consider experience and basketball IQ just as much.
You can be as athletic as you want, but if you don't have the smarts, body control or skill you won't reach your potential. I think Anderson has the skill(technique wise especially), smarts or IQ and the body control.

Reply #244488 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and I thought you were a Stromile Swift fan MACDUB :)

Reply #244497 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

I'd be more interested if it was the North Adelaide Rockets to be honest.

Reply #244516 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Andersen deserves his shot and will do well.

Reply #244558 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

No joke about Goorjians wikipedia...it all reads of great success and a pretty accurate description of everything he has done. Love the last line though 'It is perhaps an unfortunate conincidence but fact nonetheless that every team he has coached at national league level has folded.' Goes against so much that has gone right for him in this country.

Reply #244560 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I think there's obviously some biased opinions here. But with that said, if he's to play in the NBA this is probably his best team, coach Aldeman's system is probably his best fit. I can see him filling the role similar to Vladi Divac back in the Kings.

I think sometimes people underestimates some of the more athletic guy's ball IQ.

Gary Vitti had a little joke, he said "physical guys are not dumber, they just suffer from few too many concussions"- he said this trying to defend Kwame Brown back in the days.

Reply #244561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754