Anonymous
Years ago

Tickets for tomorrow night

Hi,
is there any tickets left for tomorrow nights game and if so where can i purchase them?
Thanks.

Topic #2056 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

There would definately be tickets left for tommorow's game.

You can purchase them at the door and avoid the venu-tix charge. Otherwise all Venu-tix outlets can sell you tickets tommorow.

Reply #23186 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

they said on the news (ten) that there were still 2000 tickts avaliable. If that is true its pretty sad, i have heard a radio spot for the game but have not seen any print media or tv ads.

Reply #23188 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

2,000 tickets would leave the current attendence at 5,800 or so. While yes pretty terrible I'm surprised that Basa actually sold that many relative to ticket sales over the course of the year.

Did they say over 2,000 left, or just 2,000 left?

I would be pretty happy to see over 6,000 people there, (which would be the biggest crowd of the season thus far).

Reply #23191 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

nah just 2000, they may have rounded it off to a nice number but i still feel that is should be bigger, considering the last bullets game.

Reply #23194 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Last Bullets game was 5800 and that was with the $15 ticket offer.

This is a game where they had three days to sell tickets. I would have thought with the price jump getting 6000 would be a struggle.

Reply #23196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You would have to expect a good number of people trying for tickets at the door. As I came in for the last Bullets game, the lines to buy tickets weren't too shabby.

No TV/print ads isn't as critical for a final where sales should increase, but surely they should put up some prices and where-to-buy info on their website!? Oh, and send out an e-newsletter to let people know too!

Reply #23205 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I have checked the website everyday Isaac to find some info on finals tickets. Nothing. Maybe Adrian is too busy answering e-mails.

In any case the actual number is closer to 3,000 empty seats, with Boti reporting that 2,800 seats are still available. That places the current crowd figure at 5,000 or so and meant that thus far 1,100 or so tickets have been sold to the general public on average per day. Hopefully the crowd can push 6,000.

As for the people buying tickets at the door Isaac, they would have been due to the fact you could only use the $15 ticket to purchase tickets on game night.

Reply #23254 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe I'm being less than optimistic, but I'd assumed that a lot of those numbers would be from normal walk-up sales, and not $15 tickets. i.e., from fans coming back to the game because of the team's success, rather than because of a special deal posted on the site and not really promoted in any other way.

Even the best crowds this season have been 1500 down on the best from previous years. I hope that changes for the finals because we need every advantage we can get, and the crowd is one.

Reply #23257 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Yeah I hope so too, and myabe you are right. Adrian never puts in any work promoting the site and deal so how many people would even use it?

In any case if ticket sales continue at the same rate as the previous two days there should be over 6,000 or so there. Considering the crowd figures this year I would be happy to see a crowd of such size.

Reply #23260 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

To be honest, I think anything less than 7000 would be disappointing. It's a sudden-death KO final against a Brisbane team that is quite entertaining to watch.

5800 or so for the last game of the regular season was a decent result, but realistically that should be the norm. It's playoff time now, and I think if only 6000 or less are there, it will be disappointing. At $31 a pop, however, they may have been priced out of the market.

Having said that, a smallish crowd can certainly still make a lot of noise, so let's hope those that do show up get into the game.

Hopefully Simon Kerle has a stinker, so everyone can get stuck into him for being a punk. I'd love to see Willie drop 40 on him!

Reply #23263 | Report this post

mixmasterwipe  
Years ago

Yes i agree Hoop Addict, does anyone know when the sixers last had a sellout?

Reply #23305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754