R17 ABL Action

In what looks like an exciting end to the season:
Mavs-Warriors @ Mt Barker (woof, woof)
North-South @ Tin Shed South
Flames-Lions @ Mars
West-Sturt @ The Woolstore
Eagles-Tigers @ The Dog hall

Women:
Mavs & Warriors playing for pride. Could go either way I would suggest.
North-South will be tight. Would expect South to win.
Flames should have the Lions licked by quarter time as they are desperate.
Westies should round off Sturt and go into finals with an edge.
Tigers have nothing to loose, but Eagles should get the W at home.

Men:
Mavs & Warriors playing for pride. Could go either way.
North-South: Should be a game to watch. Lots of pressure on North and although a wooden spoon looks eminant, South are there to pester and annoy the higher teams. South need to play some D and create turnovers to have any chance of an upset win.
Flames success revolves around good D. Heard that Coops isn't playing this weekend? Is this a sign that an upset win is on the cards and could keep the dream alive for the Lions?
A full strength Sturt is difficult to beat.
"The Brads" have a bit tooo much firepower at home.

So, could be an interesting round in both the mens and womens! In the womens, North and Norwood could both be on 10 W each going into the last round or there could be a log jam on 11Ws with Sturt/South/North. In the mens, The Lions dream of playoff action could either be shattered, or else kept alive and the ultimate Northern Showdown setup the week after.

Topic #20604 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wont be a full strength Sturt - Holmes in china

Reply #245155 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Thanks Jacob

Reply #245174 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Any updates from the women?

Reply #245385 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

Nort beat South
Southern beat Forestville
Eastern beat Woodville
Sturt beat West
those are all for sure and I think Norwood beat Centrals

Reply #245388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think sturt, southern and north won

Reply #245389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who were the winners in the men?

Reply #245392 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

rumour is Lions alive - beat Flames by 20

Reply #245393 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

can anyone confirm?

Reply #245395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

men eagles beat tigers.

Reply #245397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Men beat Sturt Men by 15 points.

Reply #245398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lions Men over Norwood by 19 confirmed

Reply #245399 | Report this post

Hang on that embarrasing womens team last week from Southern beat the 2nd team for the first time on 3 years?

Could all those that canned the women last week please come on and respond. lol

Reply #245402 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

North-South men?

Reply #245403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South on the buzzer

Reply #245405 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

South beat North by 1 according to sporting pulse. Does that mean next week is irrelevant and we shall hear the roar in the finals for the first time in many a year?

Reply #245406 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

South beat North men I meant to say.

Reply #245407 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

North and Central both 8-9. The winner will go through to the finals. What a game it will be!

Reply #245408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

beaniebear, no. Next week is extremely relevant. North and Centrals are now both on 8 wins. They are playing each other in the last round. So whoever wins that game will finish 5th and will play West at Port Adelaide in an Elimination Final on the 15th.

Reply #245409 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

just got off mt arse, and checked head to head. Norwood v Sturt and North v Centrals will shape finals series.

Reply #245410 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Kosmider drained a deep three on the buzzer for South. A game of two very different halves.

After tonights results Centrals would have to be considered favourites on form, but if North play a full game its hard to see how the Lions can stop them.

Reply #245411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville women were totally crap again. Last night something has to change. Coach, players is where to start. Players are just not up to SBL stanard when will Woodville learn after all these years time for change!!!

Reply #245415 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The tin shed will be packed to the rafters next Sat night.

Reply #245417 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The question is, will the Lions bring feather dusters to clean the rafters, or with the Rockets have enough?

Reply #245424 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

If it's a draw, the Lions go through.

A lot will hinge on Eric Burdon's shooting.

Against South 6/21 and 1/9 from 3 point land is not up to his usual high standard,

Reply #245430 | Report this post

DM  
Years ago

So if it's a draw in the North v Centrals men's game there will be no over time? That doesn't make sense, they always play overtime until a final score? Can someone verify?

Did Centrals really beat Norwood? I won't believe it until I see the results on Sporting Pulse, why is it taking so long for them to come up?

Reply #245434 | Report this post

tripod  
Years ago

mate i was there. cioffi, todd, clarke, templeton and parker all big double figure games . Lions scored 122, atkins home with flu.

Hillcrest will be rocking better build a stand on crt 2. Blue army on the way.

8bucks to get into mars, joke gotta be dearest abl gate price?

Reply #245438 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

So the women's finals seem set now with Westies winning the minor priemiership.

first round of finals should be

Sturt vs. Forestville at Wayville
and
South vs. North at Hillcrest

That is unless North loses to centrals or forestville loses to eastern.

these are the ramifications of last nights results. (again provided north beats centrals and forestville beat eastern)

1)forestville misses out on the opportunity to catch west for 1st place
2)South's loss means they lose home court for finals
3)North and Sturt wins mean Norwood misses out on finals

Reply #245439 | Report this post

Mo' bags  
Years ago

I agree Tripod, bloody joke for Marden to charge $8, plus no bar options either. Who decides the gate price?

Reply #245441 | Report this post

Admiral  
Years ago

south v north men was a game of two different halves indeed.. was awesome to see the panther army out to see them over the line, even though the panthers are bottom.

Reply #245464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After the past couple years i cant see the Rockets not making finals.

If i was West id be hoping centrals win, as meeting the Rockets first round in an elimination final would be dangerous.

Reply #245467 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Anonymous,

Centrals beat West on their home court 3 weeks ago 91/80 and are probably playing better now. They may prefer to play North.

Reply #245473 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It makes sense that West would prefer North as they seem the easier target. Rhino should remember all the North plays, so playing West North would need to mix things up a bit. Lions have grown another leg and have momentum.

Definitely match of the round next week, match of the year. BSA better make sure they have the best refs at Hillcrest 'cos I can see it'll be a pressure cooker inside the tin shed.

A Lions win would have them roaring up north and come a finals series, the fairy tale is alive.

Reply #245481 | Report this post

Mo' bags  
Years ago

Jack, Tracy would have changed every play North run at the start of the year, so Kersten wouldnt be much help.

I do agree, game of the year, closely followed bt Sturt v Norwood. Webber is tough as, give him half a look and he's knocking it down.

Reply #245490 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

'After the past couple years i cant see the Rockets not making finals.'

That just doesn't really make sense. If Central beat them this week, then North are out. So your comment really means 'After the past couple years i cant see the Rockets losing this game.'

It will be a cracker of a game. Central are so much fun to watch right now. Whitmore has them playing on adrenalin and passion, and they continue to get it done with such an unexperienced and youthful bench.

Reply #245494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals will have no hope if they make it as they won't have cioffi, templeton or the big stick but in saying that hope they make it anyway

Reply #245520 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon Trace would have changed all the plays too, but the Rhino should have remembered all the old plays, so if the Burdman calls a "31", will it be the old or new play?

Reply #245527 | Report this post

DM  
Years ago

In regards to the North v Centrals men this week, if the game is a draw at full time - will there be overtime until a definite winner is established?

Reply #245559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overtime is always played in ABL.. 5mins and we keep goin til there is a winner

Reply #245564 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754