Take Luck
Years ago

New Orleans trades??????

seriously, is the owner of the hornets completely freaking stupid?? or wat is he on. overall, the hornets have traded away Baron Davis (franchise player) Jammal Mashburn and rodney rogers (Main players, all of them) for Glenn Robinson, Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis. WTF is with that.guns for average players and players past there prime thats for sure.

Topic #2065 | Report this topic

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

words can honestly not describe that. I can understand them wanting a change, but seriously they trade the 3 BEST players for average players. Just puts all the pressure on claxton. No question that davis would have wanted out of that team though. Philadelphia would be laughing with their pick ups - chris webber, rogers and Mashburn. Good luck to them

Reply #23313 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It'd a good trade for Philly if Monster Mash returns from injury. From memory, didn't Mash decide to take the year off???? Mind you 'Big Dog' is the same, injury prone and is 'rehabbing' away from the team.

Maybe they both will return and play now they are on different teams...

New Orleans have gotten rid of big contracts, but I guess what's the point of salary cap room when no body wants to sign for your franchise. Didn't the Bulls go through this a few years ago when Duncan and other were good free agents, and the best they came up with has Ron Mercer. Atlanta are in the same boat, heaps of $$$$ but who wants to play there...

Reply #23319 | Report this post

The Hammer  
Years ago

DAMN IT why did they send the baron to Golden State are they doing what Portland did last year to Rasheed punishing him by making him go to a struggling franchise atleast the sheed story had a happy ending

I Hate Golden State

Reply #23348 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

If Baron Davis is your franchise player then you are in serious trouble!
Shooting at .366 just isnt good enough for the go to man!

Reply #23349 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lev, can you please email me? Thanks.

Reply #23405 | Report this post

Lauras Hot  
Years ago

The Norleans Hornets are quite smart, they are salary dumping to get rid of contracts.. the less they have to pay their players for a shitty team the better.. do what cleveland have done, get rid of everyone aim for number one pick then build around rookies.. Basketball is not just a sport, its a business..

Reply #23608 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Lauras Hot, I sort of agree, but the owners of the Hornets are not smart, they burnt Charlotte (best crowd in the NBA for years, and then turned sour) and I now hear that they may move again. The owners have let great players walk from the club for zero, hello Mr Mourning and Mr Johnson for starters. Plus it amazes me that a team from the Carolina's could ever piss off basketball fans like the owners of the Hornets could. It is basketball heaven in that area, and well supported.

Cleveland were in the LeBron sweepstakes, and LeBron was a franchise changer. The big players in the upcoming draft are Bogut, Paul, Taft and a few Euro's, hardly LeBron James calibre of players. Bogut is good, but he ain't a franchise player.

Reply #23610 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

fair call Lauras i dont know if your hot.thats what the hawks have done for the past 3 seasons.but they just cant get a high enough draft pick to get a player whos ready to dominate right away.next season hopefully is the year of the hawk.

Reply #23618 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754