gjj
Years ago

Why no SEABL teams from NSW?

there is seabl in qld and all outher parts of south east australia so i was wondering why is there not a team from sydney or nsw??, i would have thought maybe one of there warath league teams would be in it but not.

is it possible for a nsw team to join like sandringham dandenong and knox?

cheers

Topic #20693 | Report this topic

Trex  
Years ago

There have been teams from Syney and NSW country regions in SEABL, they dropped out late 90s and early 2000s, costs being cited as major factor.

Reply #245998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Albury is in NSW

Reply #246006 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Its because Sydney suck at sport.

Reply #246014 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

I'm sure when a team comes to the SEABL board and shows they can afford the airfares and what not they will be welcomed into the league. The SEABL really is a very close second in terms of professionalism to the NBL. The talent levels are worlds apart but the NBL has teams in WA, SA, Vic, NSW, QLD and New Zealand whilst the SEABL has teams in Vic, Tassie, NSW, SA, ACT and QLD.

Some of the NBL administrations need to look at how to run a team with even smaller funds and person's working.

A team like Ballarat or Bendigo, in a town dominated by cricket and footy both teams field solid teams and have excellent corporate and public support.

Reply #246096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754