me
Years ago

36ers vs Cats pre-season games in Perth

Just had a look at the Wilcats site re the pre-season games against the 36ers coming up next week.

They are Charging $25 to watch the games at the local arenas, now, is it just me... but is $25 for a pre- season match a bit rich?

Maybe im just getting greedy in my old age, but anything more than $10-15 for this kind of game seems absurd.

Topic #20728 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Is that the cheapest ticket? If so, yes, too expensive.

Reply #246313 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

adults $25
Kids $10 (u16)
Family $59

Reply #246315 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Will there be any pre-season games at The Dome?

Reply #246320 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

sorry, to clear up any confusion.

These games are being played in WA at local clubs.

Reply #246324 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

September 13th against the Wollongong Hawks.

Reply #246334 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Ben,
Is there anymore info you can give, times and cost?

Reply #246339 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Breakers ran a clinic for 500 kids and then got 2000 to their game against AIA - I bet they weren't charging $59 a family – happy to be corrected if wrong, but that’s what the pre-season should be all about.

Reply #246342 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, Me is right - $10-15 for adults, $5-8 for kids. Have asked Marvin about it and pointed him here. Might be that the venues are small and they can afford to try and squeeze a bit more out of people? Or perhaps the pricing is up to the venue who want a fat cut?

Reply #246348 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nick Marvin has dropped me an email to explain the situation privately.

A separate little bird tells me that it's entrepreneurial Vlahov looking to maximise profit.

Shame, as you'd guess that a bigger crowd and good atmosphere is often a bit of a springboard into a few more walk-up sales for the regular season.

$25 is probably beyond what many teams (besides Melbourne?) would charge for the regular season!

Reply #246350 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It is a shame. I hope the two teams put on a show worthy of the regular season so the fans get somewhere near their money's worth.

Reply #246357 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

FWIW the Blaze have 2 games against St Marys next week

First game is in Brisy at Carina (Local Club) and 2nd is at TSS on the Coast. Tickets are $10 adults and $5 for kids with season ticket holders getting in free to the TSS game.

Reply #246361 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

It's Perth - home of the $45 fish and chips for 2, $4 Litres of milk and blown out housing market.

$25? Most punters will find that in the change compartment in their Audi/Merc/Lotus.

Reply #246363 | Report this post

manshipkirk  
Years ago

statman, when is the carina game on and where abouts?

Reply #246364 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

Way to rich unless you get blown at entry!!

Reply #246369 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

it is Perth and pricing here is stupid..BUT, this is A PRE-SEASON warm up game, no way worth $25

me wont be going!

Reply #246371 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

splints, I hear you - went over for a weekend in Perth and Margaret River and despite being warned about the pricing, I was still shocked.

Had a $45 steak at Leeuwin Estate for lunch with a $9 side of shoestring fries and it was no better than what you might get for $14 at a pub in the city here (on a bad night). Came back and had the fillet at Mantra on King William Road for $32 and it was excellent. We are pretty spoilt here when it comes to food (he says, eating charity chocolate Maltesers and No-Doz).

Reply #246375 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

My son just came back from a weekend in Perth and also complained about astronomical prices. It may be typical of Perth to charge more than anywhere else but the NBL is a national league and there should be some uniformity in pricing of games. $25 for a pre season game is over the top.

Reply #246384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mining boom. A lot of cashed up bogans in Perf these days. $25 there might be around $17-$18 here. Still rude prices but it's all relative.

Reply #246386 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

manshipkirk,

Carina Game is Monday 17th August - 7.00pm tipoff

I think there is a link on the Blaze site of if you want I can shoot you an email with the info I got from the Blaze

Reply #246395 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

We went to perth on a footy trip a couple of years ago. The prices for things were a little bit more, but not too bad. . The worst thing was there was about 15 taxis in the whole city. It was terrible

Reply #246399 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Nothing new sadly, they've been charging these ridiculous prices for pre-season games for years. I won't be going.

Reply #246409 | Report this post

manshipkirk  
Years ago

Statman, that would be good.

send it to [email protected]

cheers

Reply #246428 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754