LC
Years ago

Vanderbilt defeat AIS

Vanderbilt kept their unbeaten tour record intact by defeating the AIS 118-106.

"They did not keep stats this afternoon, just scoring, so I can't give you as much information as you are probably hoping for. Leading 26-19 after the first quarter, we extended the lead to 65-45 at half. We had five players in double figures for the second straight game, led by Jermaine Beal with 25. Jeffrey Taylor (20), Brad Tinsley (18), Festus Ezeli (17), and AJ Ogilvy (13). Charles Hinkle had 7 points, while Darshawn McClellan added 6 points."

From coach Stallings: "Unfortunately this afternoon was easily our worst performance of the trip. I was not pleased with our defensive intensity. It was a step back from the first two games. Hopefully we will make up for our performance on Friday night."

Vanderbilt link: http://linky.com.au/z1ly2

Topic #20730 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I also found out St Mary's beat the AIS 92 - 72

Reply #246352 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Um, yes. It was stated in another post.

Reply #246354 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Who's playing for the AIS - I assume all the Emus except Hugh Greenwood have moved on?

Reply #246356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe the team is still all there

Think most of the kids heading out to the States leave next week, Im assuming most wanted to play the 2 NCAA teams to see what they'll be up against overseas.

Reply #246365 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It was the same AIS team that played all of the SEABL season. So guys like Jordan Page, Mitchell Young and Matt Dellavedova who are all headed to Saint Mary's played, including against their new team SMC the other day!

Reply #246366 | Report this post

OT Fan  
Years ago

by all accounts, VU are going to be VERY good this year. all are very athletic and AJ sounds like he is killing the boards.

Reply #246381 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I agree with you OT Fan. 14 our of 15 from last season are returning and they have a likely first round NBA selection player in our own AJ Ogilvy in the paint. Someone like Beal could also get picked up late in the draft.
Why else would coach Stallings fork out $100k of hios own money to finance their Australian trip if he did not think his team was a serious threat and chance for a run at the NCAA tourney this season?
The one difference Vandy have this season compared to others is depth. When AJ arrived the team relied on both him and Shan to score the majiority of their points. Now they have up top 5 guys who can get it done.
I hope they do well.

Reply #246392 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I agree with you OT Fan. 14 our of 15 from last season are returning and they have a likely first round NBA selection player in our own AJ Ogilvy in the paint. Someone like Beal could also get picked up late in the draft.
Why else would coach Stallings fork out $100k of hios own money to finance their Australian trip if he did not think his team was a serious threat and chance for a run at the NCAA tourney this season?
The one difference Vandy have this season compared to others is depth. When AJ arrived the team relied on both him and Shan to score the majority of their points. Now they have up top 5 guys who can get it done.
I hope they do well.

Reply #246393 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I'm starting the rumour that Mark Worthington played for the AIS

Reply #246454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:58 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754