Dale C
Years ago

Ingles interview

Ingles talking about his signing in Spain.

http://linky.com.au/7b8mu

Topic #20750 | Report this topic

Dept  
Years ago

Ingles is such a bag of tools.

Reply #246533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A bag of tools that has already achieved more than you ever will Dept.

Reply #246539 | Report this post

Dept  
Years ago

Well IF I actually tried to become a pro basketball player, I would do better than Europe.

Reply #246543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he talks more than action

Reply #246546 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Dept i love the way you say 'IF' as if you think its your decision to be become a pro athlete. So why did you decide on cleaning toilets for a living instead??

Reply #246550 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

If I wanted to be the greatest human being that ever lived I could, but I prefer to play dumb most of the time.

Reply #246570 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

if I could be the richest person in the world I could...but I hate money

Reply #246572 | Report this post

Dept  
Years ago

Samba, I love the way you say "cleaning toliets for a living" when you don't know what I do for a living. You could have picked any job in the world, why that one? Was it the funniest one you could come up with? Your choice lacks zing.

Reply #246573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet again they are bagging a kid who has played in the NBL, and the olyipics and still he is no good.

Dept, your the tool, and jealous of his sucess, as you will never amount to sweet F A.

Reply #246581 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

So for those that think the root issue is jealousy, for every person on this earth that you dislike, does that automatically make you jealous of them?
eg, I'm hardly "jealous" of George Bush or the Octomum who had a zillion kids that she admits to giving no thought to how she will look after them financially and physically.
Get the drift? So don't be so quick to judge everybody jealous who doesn't agree with your view.

Reply #246589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HA Anonymous just got burned!

Reply #246596 | Report this post

36ers fan  
Years ago

Ha Ha and Debt, get over yourselves. your complete w----s. Joe has achieved a great deal in a short period, and as tall poppies get cut down, so is he. You do not deserve any time or comment as you are complete wastes of time. Get a life as he has nad achieve what he has then comment.

Reply #246597 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

At least we can spell kiddo.
Thanks for the continued stupid assumptions- be careful not to let any facts get in the way of your theory- can't have that now, can we!

Reply #246599 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

HAHA - You are yet to provide any facts. Can you provide some please?

Reply #246621 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The point is that some, whether it's appropriate to raise it in every Ingles thread or not, don't like Joe, his attitude, whatever (he seems a bit cocky to me but it often comes with the territory and I have never spoken to him so wouldn't personally judge him beyond that).

That doesn't necessarily bring his ability into play (maybe I think Shane Heal is a wanker, but I'm not talking about his ability at all). And I don't think it's necessarily Australia's near-dutiful response to tall poppies either - if you don't like someone, you don't like them.

Reply #246624 | Report this post

Give them a go  
Years ago

Issac, Thats a fair point of view. The issue is that do these peopl know him, or just assume. I believe in giving all people a fair go. Joe has achieved a great deal, and these people think he sucks, there opinion, like assholes we all have one. My thoughts are supply the facts and the information before you judge. Debt and Ha Ha seem to just wish to knock. They hold little credance and harp on about 36ers fan misspelling. WHo gives a rat, shows that there is no basis behind there comments.

Reply #246625 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't know Shane Heal, but have seen and heard enough to know that there are things about him that I don't like. Where there's smoke, there's fire. But of course there will be friends and family who will leap to the defense. Or maybe Dicko saying "he's actually OK when you meet him" - that's great, but there is a prevailing "tool" reaction from too many out there. I'll never forget the reaction when I asked one of the greats of the game for their opinion of him!

In that case, his achievements or misspellings in a dispute, etc are irrelevant if someone thinks they're an idiot. And the same goes with those blatantly stupid "you have to play Olympic basketball before you can comment" responses. As the common retort goes, I don't have to be a professional Grammy-winning musician to know that Britney Spears is a propped-up hack who is unlikely to have written a single piece of decent music in her career.

Dept should have shut up and left it out of an interview thread and HAHA is likely jumping to their defense after the Craig Bradshaw thread.

That either might raise a misspelling does not at all show there is no basis behind their comments.

Like I said, I don't know Joe at all so perhaps what exists is a situation such as the "Hinder is a tool" types when the overwhelming opinion amongst his own fans and players is that he's a quality guy but he rubs some people the wrong way - in Joe's case, he's cocky, has a bit of a smirk going, looks like a joker with his team-mates and I can think of at least one forum regular who is bugged by that and I imagine others share that.

In the end:

- don't hate for hate's sake, or at least try to explain why someone bugs you personally
- jump to defend with positive information, not thoughtless and irrelevant info; take the high road
- "you have to be a player to criticise a player" (or similar) is a shoddy argument
- check your spelling and make a bit of effort with your writing
- not liking a cocky or annoying person isn't the end of the world; not everyone is going to adore every personality type

Reply #246631 | Report this post

Give them a go  
Years ago

Issac, we all have our own views, Joe is a person who will get a response, poepl who know and play with him also know. To be able to achieve what he has, is good for sport and SA, but there are to many knockers.

Opinions are fine and i have respect for that but there is no basis, apart form i dont like him.

Good luck to him earning the money and playing in the next highest league. 36ers have missed out and there is alot more to that than was ever printed.

Sportsmen and waomen recieve comments that are incorrect, so be it, just support it with facts.

25points against Argentina top scored in 3 games commented by the coach, are all positives, and perhaps the critics shold recognise that!

There are to many Tools who place comments, you cannot have an impact on that, but let me say, Joe is a good kid and has worked very hard to get to his level. Recognition of that would at least show that they understand the basketball forum.

Reply #246634 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All they're really saying though is more or less that: "We don't like him". Yes, it's not pleasant and in this thread it was unnecessary, but as you said it's their opinion.

And, when there's a reasonable bunch of smoke, maybe there is fire and Joe can think "Do I want to adjust a bit to win a broader fan base, or does it not really bother me - I'm just here to play basketball?" Obviously that's his choice. There are a broad array of personality types from the Brett Mahers to the Shane Heals and they can be judged on their basketball and their attitude - know what I mean? (Have never found a person who found fault with Maher's personality and approach, for example - he makes time for everyone.)

Reply #246641 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Give them a fair go- you stated "The issue is that do these peopl know him, or just assume. I believe in giving all people a fair go."

For the record, I have met Ingles 6 or 7 times and my choice to not like him is based on my experiences with him towards mutual friends who are male and female and were not 'treated with a fair go' by him.
If you want a fair go, there are times where you actually have to be obliging in doing the same for others.
We exchanged some words about his narrow-mindedness which others in the vicinity agreed was out of line and I have been around him a few times since then and not spoken to him because he still continued to act like a tool from a distance and doesn't think about the judgements he makes about people.
I've found him especially derogatory towards females particularly ones who are not interested in him- he seems to handle that very poorly.
How I feel about it is my business.
If you know him or more likely don't, but like him, then good for you, but when he's around alcohol he does himself no service with his bulletproof attitude.

Conversely I've met some great players that I have a lot of respect for- it's inaccurate to label posters as hating simply because they are the ones that you remember.
There are many players I admire but guys like Anstey, Wortho, Jingles and Bradshaw are not amongst them and that is my business- it does not need to meet with anyone else's approval.

The other thing is when people want some kind of 'proof' it trivialises the issue- when people do post proof others still knock or claim it's untrue because no matter what you say to some people, no proof is enough- they will believe what they want to believe anyway.

Speaking of Heal, I actually thought he was a tool as well until I met the guy a few times- he was nothing but friendly, courteous and interested in what was going on around him and he is fantastic with the youngsters- very engaging, so I had to change my opinion when I experienced that.
I don't doubt there are people out there whos feathers he ruffles, but from my own experience which is all I can go by (and what the rest of you can go by if you've met any of these guys) for me he's a good egg.
Not everyone's cup of tea, but my experiences with him and the charity events I have attended where he was very interested in the lives of the kids he spoke to, that spoke volumes to me.
I have been amongst players who have attended events and couldn't have looked more bored out of their brains.
I don't care if they'd rather be somewhere else- it is poor form to make it obvious because adults and even kids can tell.

Reply #246645 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Poepl? I hate poepl too.

Reply #246647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a life you wankers!

Reply #246657 | Report this post

Europa  
Years ago

joe, is that you?

Reply #246658 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Lol- gotta love when the one-eyed hero worshipping zombies come out to provide their idea of intelligence to the discussion!

Reply #246663 | Report this post

Basket ball life  
Years ago

HaHa, You appeare to be exactly whet you are complaining about. It is a shame that Adelaide leads the way in wankers, but you are a complete one.

Other readers will agree, and by the way many people think Joe is a good guy. Opinions, i know.

Lucky i have a sane one!

Reply #246731 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

cool story guys

Reply #246739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

basketball life you are a complete tool HAHA has been on this forum for a while and if I remember correctly he's not from Adelaide he's from Brisbane and commutes back and forth for work and $10 says you don't even have a job.. I suppose you'll now have some complaining to do about Brisbane as well.
Most appreciate HAHAs diverse opinions he brings to different discussions so whatever b.s people you claim to know who dislike him are either people as stupid as you or just you with your multiple psychotic personalities.. I take it your just speaking on behalf of others or have somehow stooped low enough to interview posters here on their personal opinions of posters? (what rubbish!!!)

I'm from NSW and even I think its pretty rude of you to come here and bag a state you really are a wanker and should go somewhere where wankerisms are encouraged.

Reply #246778 | Report this post

basketball life  
Years ago

Yet again, tools and wankers, assumptions have been made and comments passed, Your not worth the effort, and it just proves that the forum is unfortunatley being used for poor based information.

To correct the anonymous coomet. I am lucky to have a job, you i am not so sure about, and i have respect for others, unlike comments on a sports star.

Very sad, Issac, concerned that these guys form the basis of this forum. Good luck.

Reply #246834 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Appreciate you standing up for a player (especially an Adelaide prospect) but it's a shame that you can't see beyond a few detractors (on this topic) to assume that "these guys form the basis of this forum".

Reply #246871 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I like Joe

Reply #246882 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Basketball life- Seriously, get over it.
I take it you don't enjoy when you're given a taste of your own medicine and get some assumptions back after making some of your own.
SVD likes Ingles and that's his business- other posters on this forum like him too, and I haven't tried to persuade anyone to to stop simply because I know of people that have had direct factual encounters with him and people like you can't handle hearing that.
The only ones that have tried to dissuade others' stance on how they feel about it, is people like you.
People like you tried to make it personal because people like you can't handle hearing facts so then go on character-assasination tactics.
Seriously, get a life.

Reply #246898 | Report this post

Onlooker  
Years ago

Ha Ha your a complete idiot and the way you react to pointed facts shows this. I believe your the person who needs to reevaluate the situation.

Reply #246937 | Report this post

36ers fan  
Years ago

Ha Ha who are you if you know Joe? I know most of Joes real friends and players who respect him. Tell the world who you are and shut up, or scared perhaps!

Reply #247056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754