Anonymous
Years ago

Pero and Bradshaw not playing

http://www.basketball.org.nz/news/anthony-joins-tall-blacks/

what little hope the tall blacks did have just went out the window..

thell be lucky to get within 20 points now..

Topic #20756 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny how Bradshaw went from being definite (while knowing he'd not be here) to letting his departure to Asia do the explaining that he wouldn't be playing afterall.
Didn't Pero retire from international ball?

Reply #246598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeing that Bradshaw has a gig in Korea that pays him US25,000 per month I dont think you can blame him for not being late to report to his team

Reply #246600 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

He was actually never going to play I think is the point being made.
I still think it'll be an interesting series and get to see some fresh blood out there.

Reply #246601 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Alex Pledger will have to front in low post. What worries me more is our ability to look after the ball. Lyndsay is erratic and Mike Fitchet doesn't seem to get enough minutes to get into a game. All 6'6" of Mika will compete on the boards but it seems we are going to be monstered there as well. We will rely heavily on the 3 "again". With Newley back Aussie have too much firepower.
If we can keep Aussie to single figures we will be doing well.

Reply #246602 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Just out of curiosity, how well have tickets for the NZ game been selling over there? (particularly with the announced roster)

Reply #246604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah the wonders of google anon in finding out his salary.
Google probably won't tell you that had nothing to do with when he reported to his team he wouldn't be there.
He tried out two weeks ago and got word he was in the following day while still saying he was definite and wasn't planning on being here.
Even when he left on Sunday he still hadn't told Vucinic he was unavailable and had Vucinic thinking he'd be on board until today when he was due to be in Wellington for the camp.

Reply #246605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bradshaw sounds like a bit of a F%*ken tool!

Reply #246606 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Actually he got confirmation 3 weeks ago that he'd got the contract and needed to be back there by the weekend.
For the record, all imports in the KBL are paid US$25k a month- not just him.

Reply #246607 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

Good old part-communism. NZ are gonna get smashed, but i'm happy the worse player to ever play basketball in the olympics - Paul Henare isn't gonna play.

Reply #246608 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

be a good series to blood some youngsters against some tough tough opposition. Bradshaws too cool for school at tha mo.

Reply #246620 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Pero hasnt retired. PLayed in FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament last year and was hoping to play this year, but ankle didnt come up.

Reply #246632 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

The only decent experienced internationals in the tall blacks squad are Penney and Vukona, we're fu..ed. Casey Frank is the turnover king in a black singlet. Lowe and Abercrombie will compete fine but not sure about the rest of the youngsters

Reply #246633 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I for one am looking forward to seeing Vukona step up and fill a void for NZ he's going to be a great signing for the Blaze.

Reply #246642 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Can't believe we took Jeremiah to Europe so that he can be unavailable for the Aussie series!! Scanning the box scores Pledger, Loe and Abercrombie played significant minutes so that will help. Still face a huge uphill battle to not be blown out.

Reply #246696 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

agree with ya there HAHA, Blaze have done well in recruiting Mika, hustles hard and can score.
NZ will do well if we can stay within 15points of Australia

Reply #246701 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754