LA Boy
Years ago

Allen Iverson situation

what people think of this whole Allen Iverson situation? he'll end up like spreewell?

it honestly is quite sad to see him in this hole right now. i've always had a LOT of respect for him (his loyalty, love for the game etc.). back 5/6 years ago teams would spend hours watching film to try stop this guy.

i was even thinking if Spurs would sign him. it probably sound stupid but they need a consistent scorer like Iverson who'll give you 20+ every game. with Ginobli not having particular good past 2 seasons, Iverson can provide some kind of scoring assurance if any of the guard is out.

Starting 5: Parker,Iverson,Jefferson,Duncan (whoever there center is right now)

Ginobli off bench

that's a pretty good lineup, backcourt D'd be sh*t but running around with them 2 guys would be a nightmare.

Topic #20757 | Report this topic

Samba  
Years ago

Wouldnt he have to go to far out of the Spurs heavily structured offense to score himself?

I agree though, would be a pity to see him not find an NBA home. For the marketing side of it, id love to him as a Knick playing at the Garden!

Reply #246611 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He could always start a web TV show with Starbury?

Reply #246612 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

He needs Marijuana though, he's cancer!

Reply #246614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marbury's just crazy, far less of a cancer than Iverson.

Reply #246617 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Marijuana, who tha f..k calls it that, it's weed or chronic or dope. thank you and have a nice day

Reply #246619 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

You're a dope

Reply #246623 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

I've been a Sixers fan for life and Iverson is definitely a cancer. It was great to finally have this confirmed via the Nuggets and the Pistons. He's the most over rated "superstar' every to play the game. The only thing he could do well was put bums on seats.

Reply #246627 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I think it is sad to see him not get an opportunity to finish out his career. Knicks would be a good fit, uptempo system off the bench scoring 15 a game and winning 6th man of the year for two years while the Knicks turn it around.

Anybody see any other situation that would be a good fit for him, as well as the team?

Reply #246635 | Report this post

Iverson to Melbourne Tigers! ?

http://linky.com.au/0hwkk

Reply #246636 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

If Iverson's ego permitted, I am sure there would be several teams willing to sign him to the vets minimum.

I don't know if he is a cancer - his time with Denver wasn't that bad - it was just that Billups is much more of a floor general and point guard.

The Detroit situation was disrespectful to a player like Iverson - a league MVP and a player who had dragged a very ordinary Sixers squad to the finals in 2001. A rookie head coack in Curry did not handle the rotation well, and Dumars made a poor move by trading a PG for another starting SG.

As for the call for most over-rated superstar? The guy is about 5'10", probably 75 kgs soaking wet, and yet has been one of the most fearless, tough players in the history of the game. A guy who averages 29 ppg in the playoffs - over 71 games - and has played 40,000 minutes in the NBA.

Reply #246637 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I am suprised the Breakers have not announced him as their new signing given their large cap space.

Reply #246639 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

to say he's overated is pure disrespectful. As I said back in his MVP days coaching staff would be spending hours analyzing his every move. And you have to be fairly special to gain that much respect from your opponent.

he is also the best ballhandler I have seen (mind you I've seen over thousands of players). he plays with the same passion and intensity as KG but just inmature like many other in the league. my theory is he's too small and bangs with big body so probably suffered from too many concussions to know what he's doing.

Reply #246664 | Report this post

Rheae  
Years ago

If he is unwilling to come of the bench and decrease the number of shots he takes (which is the report) who would want him other than a bad team that isn't looking to rebuild that doesn't have a good shooting guard? Can't think of any of those.

His lack of an offer is pirely of his own doing. If you are unwilling to be a team player, what tem would want you?

Please note: teams aren't going to sign a player on what they did 5 years ago, more about what can he do for them this year. And I would suggest he would have a negative influece on the team and their goals of a) winning this year or b) winning in the future.

Reply #246666 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Iverson should and could only play for a season at the Garden. Play for the vets min, he will still make a fortune in marketing....Knicks Iverson jersey- oh my!

Reality is he wants a shot and the teams that have a shot- don't need him one little bit.

Reply #246677 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The AI to Charlotte rumors are firing up..... LB has spoken in the media about AI and actually have nice things to say. LB usually chucks his players under a bus.

I'd really like AI on that Cats squad.

Reply #246893 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

yeah it's somewhere I can see him avg 30 a game

Reply #246917 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:44 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754