MiniFisher
Years ago

Wildcats second import: Matt Freije?

Anyone know who the Wildcats are trying to sign up as a Starting or Back up C for Rogers. All I know is 207 CM and ex-NBA player....

(Mod: Topic title adjusted.)

Topic #20781 | Report this topic

Julian  
Years ago

Matt Freije

Reply #246812 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Front court reserve or will he start ahead of Rogers?

Reply #246691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's more of a 4 man - struggled to contain bigs at the FIBA Asia Championship, where he played for Lebanon.

Depends on Rogers fitness, I suppose.

Reply #246816 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

is he any good? or another waste or an import?

Reply #246817 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Yeah, he's a waste. Bevo specifically went after a dud so he didn't over achieve in his first season, thus lowering the expectations of him in his second season.

Reply #246820 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

nice TC2 made me lol

Reply #246832 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

He was drafted by miami in 2nd round a few years ago and has recently been scoring heaps in the puerto rican league. So far is he the only import in the league to hold other than an American passport?

Lebanon is considered part of Asia and this could be a indication of where the import restrictions (as being loosened) are going in the next few seasons.

Reply #246833 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I just thought it was a bit stupid to ask if he is a waste before he has even played a game. What do we have to go on? A couple of NBA stats and some pre-season stuff. Even if he was tearing it up in the NBA, it still doesn't translate to a successful import.

Reply #246838 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

sorry TC for the last post just asking u guys, sorry for the crappy question!

Reply #246855 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I'm just saying it would be impossible to tell at this stage. His NBA numbers aren't outstanding, so a lot of people might think he is crap, but if the Cats are looking for a 25 minute role player then he might fit their team perfectly.

Just way too early to tell if he is a waste or not.

Reply #246857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be a better player then you nerds would ever be.

Reply #246866 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Was that a pisstake?

Reply #246868 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754