SVD
Years ago

PAC v Saints Intercol Basketball - Great Finish

This year's high school basketball Intercol between PAC and Saints had a crazy finish.

This is the final seconds - PAC down 2 with 6 seconds on the clock.

That is Mark Davis on the bench for PAC.

Topic #20821 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Being an ex PAC student, I enjoy this greatly. However, apparently the timer was not started at the right time, meaning the shot shouldve been too late.

Reply #247210 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Clock seems to have gone on at the right time in that footage Dr B, its pretty clear actually. Maybe they should have stopped the clock quicker when the basket was made - looks like about 1 sec on the clock when the basket was made -but you have to take into account the reaction time of the operator.

Reply #247211 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I just timed it - from when the ball is touched by the player after it is inbounded and when the shot is released is 4.2 seconds - there was 6.7 on the clock so got it off in easily enough time.

Just more Saints propaganda

Reply #247212 | Report this post

Charon 88  
Years ago

Saints loosing to PAC?! Have the days when PAC are the whipping boys of the compitition gone? Or are Saints not that good this year?

Reply #247215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wizardry from Coach Rigoni! What a gun!

Reply #247220 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Oh dear, Hackney High is beaten yet again

Reply #247230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome! DOnt know Intercol dont have anything to do with it but love seeing a game like this in Australia!!! Its like an Indiana HS game that atmosphere. Great for the game

Reply #247234 | Report this post

DJ75  
Years ago

Oh dear some people are very confused.
PAC won for only the 2nd time in 11 contests against Saints. Saints have been smashing PAC at basketball for a decade now.
PAC won as a result of their scholarship giving program. Sadly it is destroying the fabric of their once great school, but hey at least they win in sports against Saints!!

Anon are you serious? Rigoni magic?? It's his first win in what 6 attempts?? The bloke's a dud and needed a stacked team to win with a buzzer beating miracle.

I can also say without any doubt that the clock started at the right time. Everything was above board and the result was a fair one. No-one at Saints has anything to complain about and to be honest, no-one has complained. Ask the boys involved in the game and they will tell you it was just a good shot. End of story.

Reply #247273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ,
Thanks for the history lesson, but you're only as good as you're last game!

PAC > Saints.

Reply #247274 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

DJ75 - nothing to complain about ... how about your big whinge about the "scholarship program".

2 of 11 doesn't sound right either but i'll check.

Reply #247280 | Report this post

DJ75  
Years ago

Still checking SVD???

Reply #247306 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yep

Reply #247311 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Ok - I'll concede that 2 out of 11 years ... should probably have fact checked before opening my mouth.

The PAC Old Scholars own the Saints Old Scholars though.

Reply #247314 | Report this post

Mrs Sulu's mate  
Years ago

2 > 11: Obvisouly not adjusted for the "Ng scolarship progam", eh DJ75?

The Ng boys were in the prep school at PAC, before being offered scholarships down the road.

If you exclude games where the Ng boys played, what's the adjusted score, DJ75?

Reply #247318 | Report this post

Victorian  
Years ago

Who gives a shit who won. Well done to Paul Rags Rigoni - gr8 guy. All the kids playing are stuffy little snobby nosed dicks protected by a snotty private school environment. Piss em all off.

Reply #247320 | Report this post

Victorian  
Years ago

Who gives a shit who won. Well done to Paul Rags Rigoni - gr8 guy. All the kids playing are stuffy little snobby nosed dicks protected by a snotty private school environment. Piss em all off.

Reply #247321 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

thanks for that contribution Victorian ... bitter much?

Reply #247324 | Report this post

DJ75  
Years ago

Thank you for conceeding SVD!

Mrs. Sulu's mate, you are wrong. The Ng boys came to St. Peter's in the Junior school on their own decision. Saints don't offer any scholarships below Year 5 so they couldn't have had one before then.
The only scholarships those boys would have been on after that would have been won on merit for their academic and music ability. So, sorry that doesn't wash.
The last of the Ng's left in 2004 (which was also the last time PAC won). So the wins in 2005, 06, 07 and 08 were all without the Ng factor!

Reply #247332 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Ahhh - that 2004 team was good

Reply #247334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep living on your memories DJ, coz right now, PAC are winners, Saints aren't.

Reply #247348 | Report this post

I dont care about all that history... just great to see a crowd like that at a High School game... amazing stuff!

Reply #247369 | Report this post

Mrs Sulu's mate  
Years ago

DJ75 - still waiting for the adjusted score.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you, as you obviously don't know the full story - and no-one wins those arguments on the internet.

Reply #247458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754