TA360
Years ago

Basketball Participation Data in Australia

Could anyone direct me to where I could find some information on basketball participation rates in Australia?

I have done a fair bit of googling and looked around the ABS site but haven't found much.

I don't need anything too in depth, just perhaps at what age most kids play (eg. 3% of 7 year olds play basketball) and boys/girls splits.

Also, if anyone would like to take an educated guess...

If I took 100 random prep students (mix of boys and girls) and ran a basic clinic with them (30 mins). How many would you expect to be interested and want to continue into playing the sport?

Cheers in advance for any help!

Topic #20843 | Report this topic

shin splints  
Years ago

Dude I just googled your thread title and found SEVERAL sites that offered information - on the first page.

Maybe your google is different to mine.

"If I took 100 random prep students (mix of boys and girls) and ran a basic clinic with them (30 mins). How many would you expect to be interested and want to continue into playing the sport?"

Depends. If your name is Michael Jordan I would say 30-40% If your name is Jordan Michaels I would say 3-4%.

Reply #247592 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Also, contact BA for information directly.

Reply #247593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754