rufus
Years ago

Adrien Sturt and Belgium?

Has he actually signed or is it just speculation? if he has signed , which division and what team??

cheers.

Topic #20857 | Report this topic

cavolo  
Years ago

Yep, all signed up.

He flew out last night - still waiting to find out what team and division.

Good luck to him

Reply #247745 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Heard the same thing but can't find any proof anywhere.

Reply #247746 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

I got a quick message from his family when they were taking him to the airport last night - it's a definite. That's my "proof"! ;P

Sounds like we're in a court of law LC and we're trying to prove beyond reasonable doubt the truth of these "allegations/charges"! ;P

Reply #247752 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wasn't questioning you as I heard on the grapevine the same things! But like most forums not everything turns out to be true...and things like this end up being on the net and I can't find anything yet.

Reply #247754 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

No probs LC - was just having a light-hearted poke at your word choice. =) You're right though re forums etc and trying to ascertain whether they're accurate or not.

Would be nice to see a news piece somewhere with all the details of his signing. I'm waiting on an email from his family with all the details, so I will pass it on if it hasn't been posted first.

Reply #247758 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Oops - meant "forum rumours"

we all know Internet forums as a whole are always accurate!! ;P so many examples are coming to mind now after all these years reading posts here on Hoops...

Reply #247759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt has signed with a Belgium team called Dexia Mons-Hainaut he had offers from the Tigers, (It seems funny that on the NBL transaction tracker they have him as signed} also had offers from a team in Israel, and I think Italy was also mentioned.

The coach is an American and the Head Coach of the British National Team.

He's had an outstanding season in the BigV at shot 85% on Saturday night from the 3 point line hitting 5 from 6 helping them to there second championship

Reply #247842 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks Anon!

Reply #247854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes you really wonder why the 36ers didn't sign him.

I like the look of Sturt and the Adelaide fans seemed to think so as well.

According to the BigV website he finished the year averaging 24 points, shot the 3 @ 45% and had 54 blocks for the year.

Reply #247869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Always thought he was a flop. Who knows, never seen him play a meaningful role for the Tigers but he has always been a stand-out in the ABA.

I know he is tall and long, and incredibly athletic but his basketball smarts and skills were questionable. Good luck to him. How much less is the league he is in compared to the NBL?

Reply #247907 | Report this post

vichoops  
Years ago

He only started playing in under 18 so hes come a long way, many of the Tigers players felt he should have got more time last year but didn't and who really knows why.

I think this could be a make or break move but from what I've seen in BigV the kid can play.

A quote from one of the local papers. Tigers did offer him a contract apparently but he chose Europe.

" AT 209cm, 23-year-old Melbourne Tigers rookie Adrien Sturt is imposing enough.

But, if his coach Al Westover gets his way, and the future power forward bulks up in the gym, he'll be a force to be reckoned with in the coming NBL season.

Sturt is enjoying rare form for the Tigers of the Big V variety, as displayed by his 27-point haul at the weekend and figures of 27 and 32 in the Tigers’ double-header in the previous round.

He’s using the competition as a launch pad for the revised national competition.

Westover, the Tigers coach in both leagues, is excited by Sturt’s potential. "

Something someone once told me... You cant teach height, so considering he didn't go through AIS or any of the youth develpoment maybe he is only now coming into his own.

Reply #247994 | Report this post

hurf  
Years ago

he is a great player the best player i have seen for all my years. he shows great potential

Reply #276390 | Report this post

JC  
Years ago

Can someone tell me which team Adrien is playing for now? I know he's in the UK (Essex I've heard) but I dont know the team?

Reply #333134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe he is with Milton Keyes (MK Lions) in the BBL.

He qualifies as a local due to his british heritage.

Good Luck to him, be interested to see where he lands for the 2012 ABA season once he come back to OZ in the off season.

Reply #333146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was with Essex Pirates now with Milton Keynes Lions.

http://www.bbl.org.uk/?sturt-adrien,2520

Reply #333147 | Report this post

Anonymous 2  
Years ago

I believe he has signed with Ringwood this year for ABA, should be a good season once he gets back from London.

I'm excited to see him play again!

Reply #353293 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

did you watch this guy play ABA last year? Struggled and looked disinterested!

Hopefully he can put it together this year because he has the talent!

Reply #353322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754